couple of EBR questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: couple of EBR questions

I'd rather put a camp fire out with my face than buy a kart again... Its not a personal view, a simple fact found out through pain and suffering.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerbo Knight View Post
      I'd swap the Kart internals for TM, and when you know TM fits replace anything you may want to with the more expensive upgrades. I'm after a Kart EBR and after the long process of making it skirmishable I'll tell everyone that it's rubbish too :p
      This is because I like making it difficult for myself when I have other guns to use
      +1, I love EBRs but theres no way I could fork out the money for one of the higher end ones. Im thinking of getting the kart for the body and inserting the TM internals in over time. Or swapping them for the internals in my AGM M14, which is probably one of the most accurat guns I own and has double the range of my M4.
      Simply superbe
      Feenix
      sigpic
      G&P M16A1, CA XM177, CYMA AKM AIMS, KJW CO2 1911, WELL MP5K GBB, M4 with M203

Comment

The problem with the kart is people buy it for the body but the body and the join between the grip and main body is the main flaw with the gun...

People are so excited to get the body but its rubbish...

Classic army M14 EBR... less than a full kit price for the entire gun. And quite frankly becuase its alimunium the overall weight is reduced substaintly and i think if your going ebr you cant put a price on that.

Comment

My experience of M14 EBR's:

Owned a Kings Arms kitted Marui EBR, a G&P Mod EBR and a Kart.

The Kings Arms one was clearly the nicest (and most expensive kit)

G&P: Although bloody expensive as a whole initial purchase, the G&P frame and outer parts were nice and a little bit different but the actual gun inside wasnt as nice as the Marui innards.

The Kart one was rubbish. Weighed a tonne and rattled, shook and creaked. Just no. Put it back.

The thing I felt about the EBR -they look great but in practice skirmishing them is cumbersome (always resorted to M4). Sigh.

Comment

Hmm, ok well the main reasons why I actually want the EBR body, other than it looks nice, is so that I can have an M14 to take down in the bunker for CQB and use outside in the woodland. Also then I can attach what I want onto the gun with the RIS.
            That way im not limited to a full scope, and could even stick an PEQ on it for CQB
            Roughly how much do they usually come in at do you know?
            Cheers
            Feenix
            sigpic
            G&P M16A1, CA XM177, CYMA AKM AIMS, KJW CO2 1911, WELL MP5K GBB, M4 with M203

Comment

I think I probably will shell out that bit more for a better EBR eventually, maybe next year sometime but for the moment I'm poor so the Kart it is. I don't want to have to sell more guns, I have a UKSF loadout to consider aswell!

Comment

As for price, it runs from a second hand Kart at around £150, to a fully pimped custom G&P/TM/Systema/Prometeus monster like mine at £1400.

The more you spend, the better it gets.
                AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

hey all ive just purchased an ebr kit off here and the old owner was unsure of the make of the kit is there any features on it that may tell me who makes it?
                  to the best of my knowledge the kart ebr comes as a full kit i.e gearbox etc etc..
                  would that be correct?

Comment

As far as I'm aware, that's correct.
                    The Kart has a bar in the battery section stopping you from using larger batteries, it looks like this

Not too sure about other differences but perhaps it would have been better to start a new thread about this?
                    Maybe next time.

Comment

yeh maybe lol thought it suited the topic hehe my bad the pic is not showing up by the way but thanks for the info

Comment

No problem, on second thoughts it probably does suit it...
                        I think the G&G (Not so sure about the G&P) EBR's battery compartment doesn't have the bar and if it has screws they will be on the sides instead of underneath.
                        If it helps could you say what version you have? I would have bought that kit if you didn't get it about 10 minutes before me lol.

Comment

i wont know till i recieve it hehe but heres a link to the add http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=94269

Comment

It's kind of hard to tell, I'd have to have a picture of the underside of the rifle with the battery cover removed but when you get the kit you'll be able to tell us yourself
                            Did he say if it came off of a TM M14 or a CA/G&G M14?
                            Well good luck with it anyway, and I hope it's not a Kart

Comment

he didnt tho i will ask him hehe ill keep you posted mate thankyou for your help!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

chris wheeler Find out more about chris wheeler
                              Working...
                              X