What type of 'softer are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What type of 'softer are you?

I've been thinking about the different type of Airsofters that you see in the field and on the forum. I would class myself as a casual 'softer, I have a viper vest, jeans, gloves and boots. I don't worry about kit or loadouts but I'm more into the gun side, upgrading and trading for profits ect., I would rather pick a new motor than a new clip on for my Molle vest or what not.

Just wandering what type are you?

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
    A brain?
    Originally posted by snuff
    Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Re: What type of 'softer are you?

I'm more of a collector for sure.

Comment

Funnily enough, I've not actually skirmished yet and am relatively new to it all but I'd definitely class myself as a casual 'softer. I don't mind the people who take it all seriously but it's not for me. I'll be playing for fun and adrenaline (and to actually get fit, lol). I've sort of got a pretty bog standard loadout (DPM kit & vest) and I do like looking the part but it's all lost if it gets all serious...just not into that.

I'd rather have a good laugh, a good adrenaline filled day and come home with a few painful welts and a smile on my face :D

Originally posted by Lonewolf873
      Mods can you please edit the title to shirt as I'm sure 5.11 don't sell shits.

Comment

I started like you montesa, but now im moving into the more expensive side, wanting everything i see. so now im classing it as my main hobby, im selling off all my dj gear and going full whack into the hobby, rather than half heartedly.
        sigpic

Comment

I suppose I come under the term of "impressionist/geardo" as I have spent a while trying to get a good UKSF look. But as far as playing goes, I play to have fun, if I win all the better but at the end of the day I don't really care who wins as long as everyone was playing fairly and it wasn't massively unbalanced in favour of one team.

Comment

Originally posted by Abbadon101 View Post
            I don't really care who wins as long as everyone was playing fairly and it wasn't massively unbalanced in favour of one team.
            Geussing you play on the yellows most of the time then lol reds always bloody loose
            sigpic

Comment

Geardo. I'm really into all the different equipment, how it looks, works, the practicality. I like the guns, but until I can afford a Systema they can't really compete with the gear for me.

Playing wise I do it for fun, and as a social activity. I prefer more organised milsim events, purely as it lends itself to greater (al-be-it not) realism and tactics, but there's still something rad about heading out on a weekend and shooting your mates.

Airsoft is now my joint 'main' hobby, so I don't mind investing in (read: throwing money at) it.

Comment

I would say I am a Geardo :D although I just play for a laugh and don't take it too seriously and just out for a laugh . although it does frustrate me when there are people that never mix and cause a constant imbalance of teams (eg one group of the same people against whoever else is at the site that day)

Comment

i would class myself as an "all the gear no idea prancing collector"
                  VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                  trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
                    "all the gear no idea prancing collector"
                    Haha I like that :D I have to say I would have to put myself down as this.

Comment

An on-the-bench 'softer at the moment due to a hip problem.

When I am playing I'm really laid back. PMC loadout (unless it's really muddy) so I can just go out wearing something casual; normally 5.11 tan trousers, team polo, Brasher hiking boots, team cap, tan plate carrier, belt holstered pistol and an MP5. If the weather is lousy, then old DPM, issue boots and a cheap vest.

I normally end up one of the last onto the field as I'm still drinking coffee as the game starts, I rarely play through lunch and like to sit eating snack bars in the dead zone.

BUT, take your hits or I'll hunt you down and make you my personal bitch/target/BB catcher for the rest of the day as I may be laid back but I hate cheating.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JOE90 View Post
                        Geussing you play on the yellows most of the time then lol reds always bloody loose
                        No. I play on what ever side Chris/Dan put me on. Has been yellow the last couple but has been red alot in the past. But I have noticed the current victory streak.

Comment

Er... not sure what you call it, but I play every week, have my favoured gear... not interested about trades or that crap. We play for fun and openly welcome newplayers to the game. We please calm and cool when new folk about... but when its a reg day... its a welt fest :D Hi-caps, full auto, close range.... ohhh yeeaa :D

Comment

Warm weather softer for me as i always get the flue or a chest infection softing in the winter.

Comment

Geardo and proud Gucci and proud :P
                              im very competitive and have no fear to run gun first into the enemy then after about 5 mins i sneak around as im nackerd haha

HATERS GONA HATE!
                              Custom M4
                              TM 1911

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Montesa77 I've got a book out if you want to read it. It's called 'Life In A Bin' Find out more about Montesa77
                              Working...
                              X