Taping up a rifle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taping up a rifle?

If you have ever played Bad Company 2: Vietnam, you will know some of the rifles come with a sort of fabric tape looking thing wrapped around them:

...and etc.

How/where can one get/make this tape? Or is it even tape? Could be some sort of cloth tied to the gun.

I like how this looks, any help is much appreciated!

-Ash

Re: Taping up a rifle?

Sniper tape. <- Look for this on a well known auction site.

Comment

Originally posted by Abbadon101 View Post
      Sniper tape..
      Ive seen all web-tex has to offer (etc.) in terms of camo tapes, and they just dont look right. Its all too thin, like its for convering two-tone.

That stuff in the pictures looks thick and chunky, like actual cloth or something like that.

Comment

I have the game and it looks rather like a bandage material just muddied up :P

Comment

Originally posted by badas View Post
          rather like a bandage material just muddied up :P
          Hmm... Thanks for the idea, makes sense. Ill give it a go if i can find any bandage material and post the results.

Comment

You can get it from pharmacies easily enough and cheapish

Comment

Looks almost like bandages but you could use scrim too. To be honest unless your attempting to cover up two tone I dont know why you would, I dont know why they did on the game because it just looks like a case of "oh my scope mountings broke so I'm gonna use a bandage to hold it on at the front"

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

You can pick up velcro tape which looks much better than normal camo tape in my opinion. It's basically like a bandage for your weapon. I'll send you the link via PM if interested.

Comment

Pretty sure Boris has done it to some of his AK's with medical tape etc.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

This is the velcro camo tape I was talking about and probs the best you can get for appearance. I've tried that sticky tape camo and it looks like crap.

Soft woven camo tape with latex
                    Self clinging - sticks to itself not your equipment
                    Ideal for covering all hunting equipment
                    Reusable
                    50mm x 450mm when stretched

Comment

Jack pyke camo tape.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

Originally posted by aribos View Post
                        To be honest unless your attempting to cover up two tone I dont know why you would
                        I know, its a bit odd. Im not covering up two tone, i just like the look of the AK with bandages on it, its almost a sort of 'ive been using this thing so long, the only thing holding it together is bandages' thing.
                        Sure, my AK is in perfect condition, but it looks nice when it looks battered.

Comment

am i the only one who thought the title of this thread was funny?

Comment

Zero One Airsoft sell a good selection...
                            Originally posted by psirus101
                            I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

mate, the US did use sniper tape on M16's to stop sling swivels etc from clanking but the stuff on your pics is probably some form of sacking or sand bag type material which was normaly tied on to weapons.

the good thing with sniper tape is that you can put it on to your weapon then colour it with an old fasioned type cam cream stick, breaks up the shape of the gun a treat.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

HullAL09 Been airsofting a long time. Seen a lot, learnt nothing. Find out more about HullAL09
                              Working...
                              X