How much have you paid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much have you paid?

Just want to know what the going rate of a spring down grade and service is where you have your guns done?

Cheers :D
    sigpic
    http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=6155

Re: How much have you paid???

Well ZeroOne, being very expensive, charge £35 for an upgraded spring and suitable bushings.

Comment

We can't really say where, but the price of a spring £10, plus about £15 labour. Zeroone will charge you about £40

Edit: zeroone price above

Comment

You CAN do it yourself if you feel confident. Just snip off some coils, there are plenty of guides out there. I don't think we're allowed to link to retailers, because Zero One do repairs and therefor they am best.

Comment

I only ever trust Z1 to do the work as they do a very good job but I now tend to do simply spring upgrades (or downgrades as the case usually is) myself if the gearbox is a simple v2 box as the cost of sending it off to get done is not justified if I can just do it myself. Unfortunately I can't remember how much I had paid for the service but I think it was £30 plus postage to have it picked up.

One really good thing about Z1 was when I wanted to take a v3 box apart to upgrade I had called them first. Had said I want to try myself but if I should screw it up, can I just send them all the parts to put back together and they were more than happy to do that (for the usual cost). I had to send it in eventually as I messed it up but as long as you don't lose any of the parts it's always worth giving it a try yourself.
          Democracy: Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
          Liberty: A well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

TM M4 CQB-R SOPMOD, WE M1911 SILVER x2, KJW MK1, KWA USP .45, KWA MP9 (soon)

Comment

Tbh its not that hard to do it yourself or some people can be very friendly and do it for free like me ^^.
            I do all the spring down grades and services for my team...

Comment

I can't work on AEGs. At all. I'm a GBB man, and that's all I can fix/upgrade internally.

Comment

do it myself, i beleive everyone should know their own weapons inside and out
                sigpic

Comment

there are lots of videos on the web on how to do it yourself. That way you save money and get to know more about your kit.

Comment

Originally posted by philbucknall View Post
                    there are lots of videos on the web on how to do it yourself. That way you save money and get to know more about your kit.
                    Thats what I started of with now I know gearboxs inside out.

Comment

I'd like to try, I'm very technical minded, I just don't get on with electronics and gearboxes at all. Give me a GBB taken down into every possible little part, I'll have it working in 2 minutes. Give me an AEG and tell me to open the GB and put put back together? No chance.

Comment

I'd like to think I know my way around most gearboxes, and a few GBB systems. M4's, standard pistol designs and maintenance are all things I know, if I'm not immediately familiar keeping a record of which screws go where is what I do on the first complete disassembly.
                        I can figure out how most things work given the time :p

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
                          I can't work on AEGs. At all. I'm a GBB man, and that's all I can fix/upgrade internally.
                          Same here, gas just seems so much more logical than whirring cogs. I know a lot of people will have a go at me for this, but I just don't like the internals. Probably to do with when I first tried taking apart a gearbox, upon putting it together it was awefull, just hardly working, don't know what I did wrong.

So now I sticks with whats I knows - gas

Comment

i would love to take apart my Gearbox, in fact i'm planning to do it soon to install a 'fet.

i can disassemble and re assemble a Computer in 45 mins, i'm very technically minded, if i find something fun, i want to know how it works!!!

Comment

I have worked on a few guns in my time but as my PDW was brand new I thought I would get a pro to do the work. That way if it goes down i can get them to fix it for me. :D

Will find out tomorrow how good it is now.
                              sigpic
                              http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=6155

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

knarf3 Find out more about knarf3
                              Working...
                              X