Best way to Increase Range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best way to Increase Range

Why has the crossman black hole hop up been mentioned makes me sad. Get one of them they are 1337 .

Comment

Take your barrel out and cut it down to just over half the length, use any old hacksaw for this as it doesn't matter if the end has a ragged edge. Now because the barrel is half the length, there is half less friction on the bb and you'll get another 30m out of your gun without changing the spring.

I'd also recommend using .12g bb's as we all know the lighter the bb the further it's going to go obviously.

If you are using a lipo, you can get it running a lot more powerfully which will increase your range. To do this then the easiest way is to get some sort of tape or cable tie and lock your trigger down and dry fire the gun until the lipo is completely dead. Once it's charged back up you'll get a far more energetic battery which will work the internals faster and launch the bb maybe another 5-10m

Good luck with airsoft.
      Get it right roon ye!

Comment

.12 bb's......... ARE YOU INSANE!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!?!? i hope u mean as a joke. .12 bb's are always bullpoopie!!!!! they are never a bb always 2 hafs glued together and they will get stuck, naff up ur hop up and break guns. if its and AEG my friend pick up the .25's, yes ur fps will drop a little but the weight will carry further. also as said above. hop up, the rubber, and clean polish that inner barrel. don't really need a tight bore but it does help. then slowly put money to other parts of gun. motor, seals, gears, piston and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by Vann8998 View Post
          .12 bb's......... ARE YOU INSANE!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!?!? i hope u mean as a joke. .12 bb's are always bullpoopie!!!!! they are never a bb always 2 hafs glued together and they will get stuck, naff up ur hop up and break guns. if its and AEG my friend pick up the .25's, yes ur fps will drop a little but the weight will carry further. also as said above. hop up, the rubber, and clean polish that inner barrel. don't really need a tight bore but it does help. then slowly put money to other parts of gun. motor, seals, gears, piston and so on.
          I think Barlows tongue was firmly in his cheek when he wrote that.

Comment

I think you'd have more luck with Barlow's idea, then trying to increase range with motors and gears

Usual suspects:

- Tightbore barrel (good make!)
            - Use .25 BB's
            - Appropriate FPS
            - Good hop rubber
            - Good hop unit, which allows for fine ajustment

Most important thing, take 10 mins out to set it right!

Comment

Originally posted by Vann8998 View Post
              Get it right roon ye!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

crzyhorse88 Find out more about crzyhorse88
              Working...
              X