Airsoft LARPs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airsoft LARPs

I was just wondering what Airsoft LARPs there were? (Live action roleplaying)
    I do quite enjoy LARPing but the combat is generally a bit pansy. The idea of an Airsoft LARP is quite appealing and it means I've also got something else to use my kit for.

I know there's a Stargate one that used to run near me in Basildon (Not sure if it's still running) But I actualy know very little about Stargate, I like the idea of assuming a character and that's basically part of what you're doing by adopting a "Loadout" but the acting part isn't neccessarily part of it.

I'm still new to this so I'm not sure what's about, is a Milsim more akin to a LARP or is it more of a tournament style system?

Cheers

Paul

Re: Airsoft LARPs

Airsoft IS pretty much LARPING mate..

Mil Sim would be the closest to the term.

Comment

From what I've seen most airsoft games are more or less one team against another whereas in LARPs you get NPC's (Non Player Characters) who will be against the players or they have to speak to etc.
      Are there games out there that tend to have more of a plot like that? The fighting only takes up a small percentage of most larps.
      I know there are a few but I can't seem to find much information on them

Comment

don't know iff this is any help, but from what i know the event held is berget, i think thats how it's spelt..is a massive weekender and i know there's a fair bit of larping involved in that. have a look on there website!

Comment

Originally posted by LtPurcy View Post
          Airsoft IS pretty much LARPING mate..
          You said the words...

...ewww.
          AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

Originally posted by jayfamous View Post
            don't know iff this is any help, but from what i know the event held is berget, i think thats how it's spelt..is a massive weekender and i know there's a fair bit of larping involved in that. have a look on there website!
            That looks awesome! Shame it's in Sweden
            Anyone on here been?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul 8v View Post
              That looks awesome! Shame it's in Sweden
              Anyone on here been?
              Doubt it, Arnies is the place you'd find people like that.
              Milsim is basically a more structured skirmish day, with a couple of added rules for a bit more realism.
              Originally posted by fijitstiks
              they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
              Originally posted by N3ADS
              Is this you talking from experience ?..
              i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

Maybe Milsim is what Im looking for then, I'd still like to play the normal games but I'd also like to spend a whole day on a scenario

Comment

MilSim is definitely what you want. I used to be a LARP player but I much more enjoy modern combat as well as airsoft as a sport/hobby but show up & shoot is pretty boring and repetitive. I'm actually heading out to Berget this year with Armalite5.56 so that should be good fun. I had an epic response written out and then chrome went full rtard so I just posted this until I regain the will to live.

Sadly the UK is a bit lacking when it comes to airsoft, there are a few milsim events in the UK but mainly just skirmishing.
                  Last edited by Robin-Hood; 1 March, 2011, 22:39.

Comment

Theres loads of milsim, you just need to know where to look.

Comment

Not a huge amount that's easily accessible in the north of scotland mate. And it's nothing like over in the states, but I spose they do have a shed load more space & people than us so that's kind of a given. Perhaps to word it better would be to say the UK is slightly lacking in the airsoft department.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin-Hood View Post
                        Not a huge amount that's easily accessible in the north of scotland mate
                        Ah, you're right there. A lot of stuff is in the south of England/Wales.

Comment

South? where?

to be fair...milsim wont be my digs..at all..ive had enough of being shouted at..sitting in a fox hole in the pissing rain and watching shadows for 12 hours...

defiantly dont want some idiot wannabe shouting at me doing the same thing.

could be very wrong..but isnt that what mil sim is....MILITARY simulation...not..puff ball simulation

Comment

Originally posted by Robin-Hood View Post
                            MilSim is definitely what you want. I used to be a LARP player but I much more enjoy modern combat as well as airsoft as a sport/hobby but show up & shoot is pretty boring and repetitive. I'm actually heading out to Berget this year with Armalite5.56 so that should be good fun. I had an epic response written out and then chrome went full rtard so I just posted this until I regain the will to live.

Sadly the UK is a bit lacking when it comes to airsoft, there are a few milsim events in the UK but mainly just skirmishing.
                            Which side?

Comment

We're both on Poldavian 5th.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Paul 8v Find out more about Paul 8v
                              Working...
                              X