Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips on a M14

I have a Tm m14 "wood" full size and want it a modern looking DMR

What parts should i think about getting for the look, Was thinking a Leoupald Scope and a Ris front end

Re: Tips on a M14

just after the look or performace aswell,

looks

a G&P rail set, and any Sniper rifle scope with a bipod,

simples :p

Comment

already got it running at 350fps and its a Tm m14 so got the range on it already

Comment

Big scope, harris style bipod. Job done. Though personally I wouldnt even bother with the bipod, theyre pointless and I always find they just get in the way. Perhaps a nice buttstock cheekres/shell holder type thing, a few fake rounds in it for extat bling.

RIS rails on an M14 just look absolutely horrendous, ruining the sleek beauty that is the M14/M21

Comment

If you want it modern, I'd say ditch the faux wood stock. Paint it or invest in either:

-G&P EBR kit
          -G&P DMR stock
          -Olive Drab/Socom Black stock

Then, as guard says.. a nice sniper scope and a bipod.
          Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

Originally posted by TS_Welshy View Post
            If you want it modern, I'd say ditch the faux wood stock. Paint it or invest in either:

-G&P EBR kit
            -G&P DMR stock
            -Olive Drab/Socom Black stock

Then, as guard says.. a nice sniper scope and a bipod.
            Out of those choices, Id say go for black stock, or maybe paint a nice camo job on it. But in all honesty theres no reason why you cant keep it plain wood stock and I think it would probably look nicer anyway...

For the love of god dont get the G&P DMR stock, pistol grip and cheek riser? Ewwwwwwww...

As far as Im concerned, the M14 is in the "leave it alone" club of guns, up there with the AK and SLR, there are some guns that just look good absolutely plain or with the bare minimum of accesories. If you want to get something "modern" and cover it in pointles toys, get an M4 :P
            Last edited by Gaffa; 7 March, 2011, 00:06. Reason: Language

Comment

ok guys, just a scope then

Comment

look at the M14 in my signature, i will sell you the metal ris seperatly if you fancy?

Comment

What would you mount on the ris? Torch and laser? You aren't gonna use it in CQB.

Also its very heavy from what I gear.

I'd just go with the scope (and scout mount of course).

Another thing I have read about for fake wood stocks - if you paint them with wood varnish (obviously check on a tiny area in case it has a horrid reaction) they look much more realistic. I'd do some research about the best way to do this but might be worth doing.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

acheekymonkeyuk Find out more about acheekymonkeyuk
                  Working...
                  X