Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MILSIM in the USA - OP Pine Plains V June 17-19

Pine Plains V - June 17-19, Ft Drum, NY, USA

I know back in the fall someone asked about MILSIM games here in America. Well one of the best MILSIM games that we have over here is Operation Pine Plains. It is held at the US Army training facility at Fort Drum in New York state, which is home of the 10th Mountain Division (of Blackhawk Down fame.)

The AO includes the airfield, mosque, residential area, cave complex, and yes, the MOUT.

The MOUT is amazing, and includes concrete and wooden structures, a sewer complex, hotel, town houses, gas station and prop vehicles (stationary). It runs for 21 hours continuously, and that is after you have been up for 8 hours preparing. We have had participants come from as far as the UK and Israel in the past. As a matter of fact, the artillery rules were developed by a Brit! There are lots of Canadians that come as well (it is only about an hour from the Canadian border.) The US Army also has active duty and retired members that participate.

There are two companies, ALPHA (green based camo) and BRAVO (tan based camo), which are further organized into platoons, squads, and fire teams. MILSIM rules are in effect, so no hicap mags, with the exception of SAW gunner box mags. Smoke, flash bang simulator, and TLSFX pea grenades are authorized for use. Since this is a US based game, the FPS limits are higher (400 FPS with a .25g BB.) Therefore full seal ANSI or MIL-STD goggles are required, and full face protection is strongly recommended. (I now personally wear a Brass Guard lower face mask to all events regardless.) There will be AEG rentals if you can't or don't want to bring your own.

Since this is a MILSIM game, there are periods of "hurry up and wait", such as guarding an objective, supporting an attack, etc. There is plenty of trigger time, but it is definitely not like a normal skirmish. Towards the end of the game, you are tired from sleep deprivation so you have to keep pushing yourself to the finish.

If anyone is interested and can make the travel, please let me know and I can assist you. If not, I will still post an AAR here to share with the community.

Re: MILSIM in the USA - OP Pine Plains V June 17-19

daaayyyuummm.....

looks good my friend! not that i would be able to come over (although i would if my pockets were rife with money! which they are not at the moment )
    Prepare for the worst, but expect the best.

Originally posted by Bezza806
    I always thought anime had to involve girls, tentacles and some sort of bondage.....?

Comment

God alive do I need a lotto win right now.... that looks/sounds amazing!

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

Back in 20 robbing a bank!

man that looks fun! MOUT too awesome!

Comment

Lotto god please can I win some £'s soon...
          sigpic
          http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=6155

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

EagleDriver Find out more about EagleDriver
          Working...
          X