getting my head around TM pistols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting my head around TM pistols

So I'm trying to get my head around TM pistols.

I have an MEU and a hi capa 4.3 dual stainless.

In theory when it comes to 1911s and their derivatives that's all there is to have, right? Either a gun that takes the original 1911 mags (MEU mags being basically the same thing) and a 1911 type pistol that takes fat b*****d mags (the hi capa).

Now, I also want just about every other gun they have! LOL

I was looking at the foliage warrior - and it looked to me like the hi capa (I thought it took large mags), but it in fact takes MEU mags and appears to be a short MEU.

The night warrior looks tasty, but at the same time it looks more like a grey bodied MEU with a black slide and white dots on the sights...

The desert warrior - is that a hi capa in tan?

I suppose the main question in my mind, is - apart from the looks, how are all these pistols different? they seem to me to be the same things with a different paintjob.

All thoughts/discussion on the TM pistols very welcome

Re: getting my head around TM pistols

the foliage warrior and night warrior are pretty much identical performance wise...go for looks there.

If im right in thinking the Desert Warrior is WE, then that wont be so good but will be full metal. If im wrong and it is in fact TM then it will also perform pretty much the same.

Comment

They are all 1911 varients mate, the only difference is the looks.

Basically the idea is just pick the one that you like the look of most

Comment

I think the desert, night and foliage warriors are all based on MEU/1911 lowers, meaning single stack mags. Because of this, I'd never pay any consideration to buying one other than TM, because even then, temperature will play havoc.

The hi-capa design was originally a custom lower to allow double stack mags to be used on a 1911 action weapon. A full production hi-capa is available in real life, but it has no military application or designation.

As for other TM guns, they are hugely varied. Personally, I favour Glock series guns for their performance and versatility.

Comment

The M1911 in the real world has a single stack magazine where the hi Capps is a rough copy of the model 2011 which is a double stack magazine which is why the mags are different.

The 1911A1, MEU, Foliage warrior, desert warrior all take the same mags and are essentially a modified version of the same gun where the hi Capps is not.

Curlyboy
          'I prefer a straight fight to all this sneaking around' Han Solo

Comment

Sorry a quick question about TM hop Ups
            Will a TM 1911 hop up unit fit a WE hi Capa?

Comment

To the OP, all the mentioned are single stacks, including all the Warrior guns.

Hi Capacity 1911 -

Hi-Capa 4.3
              Hi-Capa 4.3 Dual Stainless Custom
              Hi-Capa 5.1 Government
              Hi-Capa 5.1 Stainless
              Hi Capa 5.1 R-Series Silver
              Hi Capa 5.1 R-Series Black
              Hi-Capa Xtreme .45 (Fully Automatic)

Single Stack 1911-

M1911 M.E.U (Marine Expeditionary Unit) 1911
              M1911-A1 Colt Government
              Desert Warrior 4.3