Shotguns are defenitley under represented

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shotguns are defenitley under represented

Nearly every site you go to youll see some incrediable pieces of kit. AEGs and other rifles all modded and things but there never seems to be any shotguns. Now i like them but id quite like to hear other peoples thoughts on the matter
    Talking to yourself is fine, its when you talk to yourself, argue with yourself and then refuse to talk to yourself that you need to worry.

Re: Shotguns are defenitley under represented

That fact alone should give you an idea of their effectiveness in a normal skirmish

Comment

Mine used to be feared at my local site when I was filling it with 8mms!

Comment

Unless its a CQB site shotguns tend to be a bit useless really. Even at CQB sites they tend to be not very useful unless its a Shotguns/Pistols only day, which are brilliant and there should be more of them! I would love to use my shotgun more often but when you're up against rentals with hicap mags and people with M4 CQB ROFMONSTERS then youre a tad outgunned... D:

Comment

9 times out of 10 an AEG or a boltie will be a lot more effective than a shotgun in woodland
          Head to a CQB site, they're a lot more popular there for obvious reasons

Comment

I'd love to have one

But even with a tri shot... Against a aeg... You don't have much of a chance
            FOR SALE
            7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
            , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

pfffff!

you can use a shotgun in most places, you just gotta be good and sneaky.

i've taken a shotgun to woodland shoots and held my own against AEG and sniper users.

all about being a sneaky bugger, obviously ina full shoot out you will loose, but stalking and sneaking about, with a gun that makes absolutely no noice, take your shot, make your kill and slip away again.

you can do the same with a pistol too, makes for a harder game, but the kills are so more satisfying, rather than spray and pray.

its great getting kills with what is basically a springer.

boris
              K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

I much preffer a shotty in cqb, even cqb sites that allow full auto .Anybody who was at the brittac game the other day will vouch for there effectiveness. Woodlands a bit tougher depending on the amount of cover .Very satisfying when you get used to the different style of play, but most can't be arsed as aeg's are easier. Thats why you dont see many.

Comment

Night games are another good place for shotties as well, very quiet and the engagement ranges tend to be a bit more up close and personal in the dark. I was at Scraesdon fort last night at South West Wargames, had a fantastic night game, I got more kills with my sneaky knife and pistol combo than the rest of my weapons combined!

Comment

I used a tm tri shot against multimple AEG users in woodland without issues as long as your a good shot its just like a sniper rifle that fires 3 shots in my opinion

Problem with shotguns against AEG's is small magazine size.

Comment

Backing up Boris.
                      You can use a springer shotgun in a woodland environment and still get more kills than your mate with the M134, but you need discipline which I think is why it's not a huge market. Unfortunately, when they think about airsoft, 65/100 people think about standing at the bottom of a track bunched up with thier mates, spraying in their opponenents' general direction (Which is fine if that's how you get your kicks). When armed with a shotgun, you need to think about what your capabilities are with it and what you need to do/where you need to be to take out the opposition. Same with any short-range, semi automatic weapon. It forces you to get covert, down and dirty, quick and quiet.
                      This type of gameplay, however, isn't multi-person friendly. If you're trying to get through to the other side of that hedgerow quickly, your mates are only going to slow you down and probably get bored too. It could be argued, therefore, that to have the intention of using a single-action shotgun to it's fullest potential is perhaps to promote a more antisocial, introverted style of play (Which, again, if it's what you're into, is perfectly acceptable).

Cheers,
                      Moe

EDIT: Punctuation. I'm such a Nazi.

Comment

Ive got a TM SPAS and i used it as back up quite a few times and at short range its quite effective, mainly because its tri-shot and you can keep the trigger depressed and pump fire it. Ive not used any other shotguns though and i would have thought anything with less in firepower would be a little less useful. would love a go with a 5 shot 8mm chinasoft.

Comment

My £30 DE TM clone did me proud yesterday..absolute stonking good gun when used in the correct distances....it was Killtacular...

good times

Comment

I love my shotguns as many at bristol airsoft will testify as they work so well in the courthouse although obviously you cant go head to head against full auto
                            i do take mine into the woods but you do have to hit and run

Comment

i play at Anzio Camp in the midlands and shotguns are extremely good fun there!! lots of corridors and dark little corners.
                              very effective been taken out by shotguns quite alot of times, and had alot of good kills with a shotgun.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mavrik Find out more about Mavrik
                              Working...
                              X