This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: who is in the wrong?

ask for proof via email from the magpul rep get an email address and name of said rep etc then ring up magpul and confirm this guy exists for all you know the guy would have kept your stock, bought an acm one and is pawning it off as the one you sold him. When you get the details of the rep and if he does exist then email him and get him to confirm the information the he sent the guy, then get a second opinion about it from another rep. then if indeed that all goes in the guys favour, give him a partial refund maybe 60 pounds and get your stock back, then take it up with the guy who sold you it, i wouldn't give a full refund because he's had it for 2 months now and could have used it heavily, you never really know, oh and get pics of the stock you sold him off him and compare them to ones you may have taken when it was in your possession.

Originally posted by -=256=-Swerve
    You've seen the photos, he's a little stem of grass whistling in the wind, couldn't threaten the skin off a rice pudding.
    Kid has issues

Comment

It's taken 2 months to notice. Presumably their dingle shrank by half when they found out? That "name tag" must be pretty damn important to them.

Bearing in mind the poor attitude, I'd tell them to get on their way.

Legally I think you are pretty sound actually. They are threatening you basically, and is a court really in a position to rule on this, they won't know the difference. Are Magpul going to send an expert witness to some local court, no...!

Comment

Ali... how exactly is that utter utter nonsense. its an opinion buddy so dont slate it

Comment

Originally posted by hunter101 View Post
          It's fake. Trust me. I was in the middle of a trade for it. And it has fake written all over it. For one it has a GBB tube. PTS doesn't have that unless you get the ACM or GBB version. This is supposedly an AEG version. Also the mounting fixtures aren't PTS. They are ACM. It's 100% not a PTS. It's ACM. It has been confirmed by a producer/retailer of the ACM version.
          But if it was that obviously fake why didn't the guy say he had a problem with it earlier, It seems he used it for a bit, got bored of it, then coplaimed....

Comment

why would he contact ukara?

are you a registered airsoft retailer?

whether you knew or not or its real or not, too much tme has past.

he mans up and deals with it.

what can he do if he comes to your house? be arrested thats what.

2 months later, thats a joke, whos to say he hasn't got an ACM version and is trying to rip you off?

too much time has past, much fail has been gained, and i can see this ending up in a stabbing match in your garden.

and no one likes being stabbed.

boris
            K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

Personally i wouldn't post this on a open forum, as its poo stirring. But thats my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                Legally I think you are pretty sound actually. They are threatening you basically, and is a court really in a position to rule on this, they won't know the difference. Are Magpul going to send an expert witness to some local court, no...!
                And if they do produce a statement that its a counterfeit product, the OP is right in the shit.

Why would anyone let it get so out of hand?

I suggest to the OP:
                Get the stock back
                If its in decent condition and you are happy its the item you sold, then issue the refund
                Sell it back on as a copy and either seek the difference from your seller or take the loss on the chin.
                Last edited by Ali; 7 March, 2011, 21:57.
                bought [bawt]
                verb
                Simple past tense and past participle of buy.
                brought [brawt]
                verb
                Simple past tense and past participle of bring.

Comment

Originally posted by EBR-freak View Post
                  Ali... how exactly is that utter utter nonsense. its an opinion buddy so dont slate it
                  Nope, it was a statement that is incorrect. DSR's apply to second hand sales and the OP is responsible not his original supplier.

I do agree that the time element is a bit of a joke. Though if someone returned something I had sold them 2 months ago, I'm 99% certain I would know whether it were the same item. Given Hunters description of the differences, it shouldnt be hard to tell whether the buyer is trying to palm off a copy.
                  bought [bawt]
                  verb
                  Simple past tense and past participle of buy.
                  brought [brawt]
                  verb
                  Simple past tense and past participle of bring.

Comment

Originally posted by oliver dowinton View Post
                    But if it was that obviously fake why didn't the guy say he had a problem with it earlier, It seems he used it for a bit, got bored of it, then coplaimed....
                    Did you not read the whole thread?

If you don't know what to look for in an ACM one. You wouldn't know it wasn't a PTS stock. It's traded exactly as the real thing. And when it's mounted it looks like the real thing. But it isn't. And the price difference is huge. The ACM is $50 shipped. Direct from the manufacturer. Whereas the PTS is tripple that price.

I do agree that the guy hasn't worded his P.M's in the correct fashion. But wouldn't you be a little peaved knowing that you had an ACM cheap stock, when you shelled out a price for a real one.

Comment

Definitely, you were none the wiser. It was down to him, he had two months, anyone would have noticed by then. It's a stock for god sake? who kicks up dirt over something as small as this... My advice is to just wait until he phones your site and ukara, and laugh at what they say to him.... what can ukara do about a stock? and what will a local site care?
                      "Ghost.... Get in my box"

TRADER FEEDBACK http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t...ghlight=mad212

Comment

2 monthes too long if your sure hes not bulls@#ting you and hes still got the same stock you sold him!!!
                        and your 100% happy its the same stock you sold and is a copy, refund him the difference if you want but not a full refund

also i saw someone post that the magpull one dont come with a gbb tube so it must be fake!!! this is WRONG i bought one ages ago when they first came out in it came with both aeg and gbb tubes and cheek rests..... and it was 110% genuine
                        Last edited by d_k; 7 March, 2011, 22:00.

Comment

Originally posted by kommissarboris View Post

too much time has past, much fail has been gained, and i can see this ending up in a stabbing match in your garden.

and no one likes being stabbed.
                          I'm so siggin' this.

Originally posted by -=256=-Swerve
                          You've seen the photos, he's a little stem of grass whistling in the wind, couldn't threaten the skin off a rice pudding.
                          Kid has issues

Comment

I echo several of the comments on here. 2 months on and he wants a refund? Pfft... The threatening language doesn't do him any favours either.

Also, just a question. If Hunter was in the middle of a trade for it, how does he know it's a fake? Also, to the OP, did you sell it as genuine Magpie? Err... Magpul?
                            The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Guys youre all overlooking 2 obvious points:

1. To be done for selling counterfiet goods/fraud/whatever the prosecution (in this case the BUYER) has to PROVE that the seller knew beyond all reasonable doubt that it was fake.

2. Its nearly 3 months later and only now hes demanding his money back "Or I cum wiv sum m8's lik and beet u up"

Seriously, tell him to get f00ked for being an asshole. If he wants to go through all the hassle and expense of taking you to a small claims court, tell him he's more than welcome but he has no way whatsoever of proving you guilty of defrauding him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali View Post
                                Nope, it was a statement that is incorrect. DSR's apply to second hand sales and the OP is responsible not his original supplier.
                                DSR only applies to business - this was a private sale.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Modizle Find out more about Modizle
                                Working...
                                X