Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Battery Chargers - Your Advise / Experience Required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Chargers - Your Advise / Experience Required!

Hi,

I am looking to buy a half decent charger for my batteries (durr!) As I know nothing about them I am seeking some advise. Basically I am after something that will charge my 9.6v battery with Tamiya connector, and also charge a lipo battery too. I will need to to do some nice decharging too.

I don't want something with a million dials on it, just something I can plug in and leave to do its thing over night. I am looking at under £50 price range.

Know of anything that might help me out?

James

Re: Battery Chargers - Your Advise / Experience Required!

hmm...... i dont know of any li po chargers for under 50. i know of one for 80, but cant say on here..........

if you didnt have to do li polys, id say a propeak...........

Comment

Going off my own topic here.... but can you change lipo connectors to a Tamiya large? Or is the actually battery different too?

Comment

li polys are a pain in the arse to charge...... need to be balenced see...... otherwise BOOM!

Comment

not sure if you can charge a lipo from the same charger as a Nimh if I'm honest. Although I could be wrong. I use a standard delta peak charger from the shop that sells components and it's never gone wrong on me. I've also got a pro peak but I'm not that impressed with it to be honest. Fast Charges always seem to screw up the battery, and I find my battery lives getting shorter and shorter with every fast charge...
          WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

there is one charger on a certain hobby site tht you can do both,,,,,

Comment

Had a look on said website. The only one I found which seems to fit the bill is:

TLP Expro Deluxe LCD Intellicharger with Discharger

But it does not mention lipo. Or it does not in clear for numpties speak. Am I barking up the wrong tree?

Comment

oh damn...... its in the world of airsoft......... . net lmao

Comment

MULTI-FUNCTION LIPO-NIMH-NICD CHARGER BC6

it does everything.

click on what battery your charging put the right connectors in and away you go.

Comment

Ah thanks guys. Not cheap, but then what was the last airsoft item I purchased that was cheap!

Destroyer: I jumped into action when I heard your suggestion. Looks like I should have tried the scots first!

Comment

My advice: the only way to go is the Pro-Peak Varipulse chargers. Best buying the best charger you can than having to buy lots of batteries eh

Comment

cannot charge li polys off a propeak... dont even try. theyll explode

Comment

i have a pro peak 2500 varipulse from a certain "support" website.
                          i like it because it charges my batterys in under 50mins sometimes! also, the way that you conect the leads that go to the battery is a crocodile crip type thing so all for do is get an old "deans connector" or say that tamiya one you are after and clip it to the teeth on the charger. (not very well explained but it is hard to desribe)
                          it comes with leads that can be conected to the car so if you need to do a sudden charge you can use the car batter!
                          finally
                          it unfortunatly doesnt discharge but all said and done you can pick up a discharger for nowt in some places!
                          brilliant charger and i payed £38.99 or somin like that!

Comment

sorry didnt see that post before my other one
                            sorry

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jagillham Find out more about jagillham
                            Working...
                            X