Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Is it reliable getting a red dot sight off eBay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it reliable getting a red dot sight off eBay?

I have seen a red dot sight that's about £20 cheaper and I'm wondering if they would sell a fake ?

Cheers

Re: Is it reliable getting a red dot sight off eBay?

Fake?

Are they claiming it is real steel, or from a quality airsoft manufacturer? [ps, don't post a link to show us - forum rules etc]

Most airsoft sights are fakes (ie clones of a RS item), but they all vary in quality.

If it's from the UK you're probably OK, but if it's from HK or China then it's more than certainly a clone. Having said that, it may well be decent quality still. I've got an aimpoint clone that came from ebay (HK) and has taken loads of abuse and is a very good copy.
    sigpic

Comment

Its a walther. But could it be a cheaper copy of the walther? Yes it's from hk

Comment

got mine off of ebay for 22 quid. it was plastic but well made, dot worked and adjusted fine, for what i paid for it im quite happy.

Comment

I had a Walther red dot (from HK), that I bought on ebay, on my MP7. It was perfectly OK for airsoft use.

Go for it.
          sigpic

Comment

Personally I wouldn't worry about it. It's not going to be of such poor quality that it's unusable. It'll be perfect for Airsoft

Comment

I bough an etch from HK and there is no ghosting what so ever.

Should be fine mate.

1st506airborne

Comment

I brought a Aimpoint copy from a well known UK airsoft retailer at the time that there wernt cheap chinese versions available.

It cost me £70 and was pretty good. It was made by G&P or G&G or something and had slightly altered trades (AMPOINT) lol. It was fairly good quality and worked fine for airsoft. The only problem I had with it was that the battery was loose so sometimes cut out. A quick bending of the battery contacts sorted it out.

I have since brought another Aimpoint copy from ebay. Came from Hong Kong works very well. Does the job perfectly! Real trades and everything. Only cost me £30! Better quality then above £70 version.

I then brought an Eotech from ebay for £30 again. Its good quality and has slight ghosting. However even you leave it off the battery goes flat in a day or so. I found out this was because when you hit the off button the lights go off but the circuit is still connected (wiring fault). I fitted a small sliding micro switch to the battery compartment and this now works perfectly too.

So to be honest its hits and misses. In the main you will be fine. The China versions are just as good as the airsoft manufacturer versions. Accuracy wise anything will be fine as real steal is overkill and you would be wasting your money.

Comment

Many people are put off by the fact that its an auction site but think of all the money your saving. I pick up quite a few of my items from there and most of 'em are no different to UK retailers except the huge price difference.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

stealthairsofter Find out more about stealthairsofter
                  Working...
                  X