Sniper bb weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniper bb weight

Whats peoples findings / general views on sniper bb weights ?

What do you find the best for range / accuracy etc

J

Re: Sniper bb weight

0.36 mate! on a 470-490fps vsr sniper! reason why! i found out it gives good range and accuracy

Comment

Depends on the different factors, there is no singular perfect weight. I use .40 in my vsr, a friend uses .43s. When I tried his .43s I didn't get on with them. Another guy on site swears by his .36s, again not for me... All 3 rifles fire approx 500fps @.2 so the difference must be down to internals and personal preference.

Comment

so more trial and see which works best i spose.

thanks

Comment

Guarder .40's, in tan.
          AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

350 to 400fps = 0.25 to 0.3's
            400 to 460fps = 0.36's
            470 to 500fps - 0.4's / 0.43's

Personally use devil blaster gold 0.4's as i run just under 500fps

Comment

It has been mathematically proven (to me) that heavier bb's will retain more energy at long ranges. Thus heavier = better PROVIDED the fps and hop are up to it.

So yeah broadly speaking I agree with badas.

Comment

0.3's are a good bet if firing under 400fps, however 0.4's and 0.43's are the better for over 400fps.

Use the Blaster or Madbull ones for the best quality and seeing as you will be using them lightly as a sniper the cost isn't so bad for them.

'FireKnife'
                68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
                Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnife View Post
                  0.3's are a good bet if firing under 400fps, however 0.4's and 0.43's are the better for over 400fps.

Use the Blaster or Madbull ones for the best quality and seeing as you will be using them lightly as a sniper the cost isn't so bad for them.

'FireKnife'
                  +1
                  I have pretty good results with Blaster Devil 0.40g, 0.43g
                  Also the Bioval BBBMAX are very very good and they lose speed at the end of their flight path!

George

Asahi WA2000
                  WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

sweet will have to get some heavier bb's to try out

Comment

As the other have said you do get different results on diferent set ups. I have a VSR Gspec runng at around 475 fps and have tried a couple of brands and weights. Madbulls 0.30's (white), Zero One 0.36's (green) and blaster 0.40's (tan). I found the 36's to have the best trade between accuracy, speed and distance but a real pain to spot onto the target through the scope. The 40's i found to be laser strait to 50m before dropping dead to the floor and the 30's on a calm day have had consistant accuracy to 65m to 75m ish but capable to reach 100m (but thats good look not good managment) but add some wind or very light vegitation and you can have problems.

Comment

i use the .43's they are great so people know they've been hit and don't try dodging the fact, but at 100 to 250 yards got damn, i love my gas DSR-1 but the longer mauser bolt action sniper barrel provides straight up accuracy, it just depends whether you want thw wind elevation to come into play.

Comment

I'm currently using .28 Blasters but I think I need to start using .36 as I'm not quite getting the range/accuracy needed.

The lower the weight, the less range/accuracy you get so if you have something capable of firing above 450FPS with .20's then I'd recommend using .30+

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgeorge View Post
                            +1
                            I have pretty good results with Blaster Devil 0.40g, 0.43g
                            Also the Bioval BBBMAX are very very good and they lose speed at the end of their flight path!

George
                            Hit the nail on the head there. I too use blaster .43's in mine

Comment

what sort of ranges are you getting with .43s? i use gaurder .4s and swear by them, as easy to track etc but they drop off at about 60M

Originally posted by Metalbody
                              pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

b16jus Im me....... Find out more about b16jus
                              Working...
                              X