Just how big is airsoft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just how big is airsoft?

I have been thinking about this for some time now, but the internet provides little factual information about the scale of airsoft.

Pretty much i want to gauge just how big it is ,and i think this would be interesting to know. So anybody in the know ,please help! :D

So how many players are there in the U.k?
    How many retailers are there in the whole of the U.K?
    How many manufacturers are there in total?
    And the same questions for the rest of the world.
    What country has the largest population percent of players? Or what country has airsoft penetrated most?

And importantly. How does Airsoft fair up to other hobby's, like golf for example? Amount of players comparison?

I just thought this sort of info would be very interesting to know, and wondered what people thought.

There must be tens of thousands of players in the U.K, but someone must have a better idea of this.

thanks for your time
    Old Feedback: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9500-TaylorB

Re: Just how big is airsoft?

This is no fact but i live less than 5 miles from an airsoft site and i didnt actually know about it till about 4 months ago!

Comment

It's pretty underground.... which is good I say.

Why don't you contact UKARA, I see no reason they can't tell you how many are on the database. Would give you an idea as a good proportion of players are registered.

Comment

yer i like it how it is not hugely popular! if it was it could defeat the whole concept of airsoft by people only buying the guns to shoot non-combatants, i imagine there must be a fair few, and im sure america has a massive airsoft force!

Comment

Last AI I'm pretty sure they said UKARA has just broke the 6k players mark.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

6,000 I'd say was pretty low! It would be interesting to see how many players are on the database, as a percentage.... infact I'm setting up a new topic now! :D

Comment

Here are some facts:
              • 48 Retailers signed on the scheme.
              • Over 112 registered sites.
              • Over 5800 registered players
              • Players signing up at a rate of 20 a day

:D

Comment

Remember though TaylorB that golf isn't a 'hobby', it is actually a recognised sporting activity so airsoft can't be compared to sports, only other hobbies. Due to the nature of hobbies and because airsoft hasn't yet developed (jn the UK) it's own players organisation it is very difficult to get an exact idea in terms of numbers although establishing the quantity of retailers is much easier (as they are regulated by official organisations unlike players).

You could of course do your own research into this. Take a look at the UK airsoft map (easily googleable) and then have a look at each site in terms of the numbers of players it attracts at each game/event and generate an average. If there are circa 6,000 UK players then that's not really a great deal but then again some areas are better served by stockists andsites than others. Take a person who lives in Bournemouth for instance: they can travel for 15 minutes north, 20 minutes east, 25 minutes north west and 45 minutes south west and be served by a site. Whereas a player in Devon may not be quite so lucky.

Personally I feel that the numbers of players are more than sufficient enough for players to develop their own organisation - one which sets out a standard set of rules and regulations. For as long as airsoft stays 'underground' it will be open to interpretation in terms of how it is played and will only serve to prevent new players from coming in, the old "you're sat in my seat syndrome".

Happy researching ...

Comment

I think Its good with the amount at the moment ..
                  Too many and guns will come to common and the sport may get banned
                  but there isnt too little that there isnt enough sites and shops and what not IMHO
                  To the man who would be king, I will say only one thing

Comment

So how many players are there in the U.k?
                    I'm going to take a guess at in excess of 15,000!

The reasons being that firstly, my quick pole has shown around 50% are UKARA, and 50% are not. Therefore we can double the 6,000 UKARA has.

But then also this forum alone has 7000 sign ups! You have to assume they all airsofted at some point, since the Oct reset. Do I think that half all airsofters are registered on zero in.... no!

So I'm confidently saying 15,000 and upwards.

Comment

60 million+ people in the UK, I think that more than 15000 airsoft lol?

Comment

Let's not get carried away..

Comment

Yeh i Agree With Jagillham ..
                          Because there a lots of sites and a few thousend wouldent be enough for each ...
                          To the man who would be king, I will say only one thing

Comment

We had 95 - 100 players at Billericay for the April and May game ( nice weather so more attending ) but that is only one of 4 sites in Essex

Comment

Gz has 100 to 200 every game

Joe

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Taylorb Find out more about Taylorb
                              Working...
                              X