Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batteries

hi guys,
    im interested in geeting a CA m15 carbine but was told the options for batteries are frankly crap (being limited to mini types) is this the case and will an 8.6v 1500mah last all day at a woodland game,
    cheers,
    Matt
    Yeah though I walk in the valley in the shadow of death.
    I shall fear NO evil.
    For I am the biggest, baddest, meanest mother F***er in the vicinity.

Re: Batteries

well why not get a 9.6 for a start:D i have a CA m15 RIS (m4 RIS basicly) and i have the stock an-peq 4 that i keep my battery in on the side of the rail
    but if yours is the one that has original m4 hand grips i would sujest looking around for a custom battery that will fit in, itll only be a few Ma higher but youll get a 9.6 in there, making all the difference to ROF!
    as for lasting a whole day, it depends on what you are like as a player. i have a vapex 1500Mah 9.6 which will last me a whole day easily but im not firing non stop thats the thing. it mainly a quick burst then im running for 5 mins then wuick burst, i dont get off more than a 1000 rounds a day TBH
    its up to you, higher Mah more time your battery will last you but as i say 1500Mah is fine for me, im gonna be getting a 3300Mah for my SPR but thats cos im putting a mosfet in and ive been told higher ampage better out put from the masfet, somthing like that. (memory fuzz!)
    have fun:D

Comment

Numerous options here. I also own an m15 CA. Front wire it and attach a peq box. Or get a crane stock and rewire to rear. Ive got an 8.4 alrge type in my stock, and was running a peq with li-po. Failing that, get a li-po and break down the cells so they fit flat in the handguard!

Comment

yeah good idea,
        cheers for the quick replys.
        im not overly trigger happy so that sounds fine, im in 2 minds about it now though as it doent leave much room for lights etc.
        Whats the gun like itself
        I shall fear NO evil.

Comment

My 1500 8.4V lasts all day no problem. But it depends, doesn't it?

Buy two.

Comment

mini batteries last me a full day with enough juice for probably another day

thats getting throough about 1/2 a bag of ammo .. 1500 rounds approx

i have 3 so allways have spare for myself/spare gun or other players
            |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Hi seal

I have the same issue with powering my CA SAR Officer M41, can only use 8.4v mini in the foregrip, this is ok but I hate the trigger lag caused the 8.4v compared to 9.6v. Plus the extra ROF is always welcome in sticky moments!

One option would be to go LIPO but I dont want to spend more money on chargers etc.

Battery sapce in my M16 A2 Shorty foregrip is also a bit limited. I found a 9.6v 1300mah battery in my local shop, its a tight squeeze but it just about fits.
              These batteries seem to last in exces of 2000 rounds, I have 2 of these batteries and swop them mid day, have not had an in game power failure yet, even at Longmoor FIBUA and thats hard and fast gaming!

Hope you find something to suit mate
              Al

Comment

yes LIPO in the stock tube s a very smart way to go

they offer the power benifits, last longer and are very small

only drawback is the need to buy new batteries and a more expensive charger
                |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Yea shadowcaptain, and the cost goes on!! lol

Maybe if my charger dies i will fork out on one, then batts.

I was lucky enough to have a chat with James Kenton from AI and he has made the switch to lipo.
                  His main reason for changing was that he has to test so many different guns he had to keep and charge loads of differant NiMH batteries to fit the different types of weapon.
                  No he just has a few small Lipo's and can power most everything with them, makes his life much simpler!

Also I just a little worried about the possibilities of my nice new Lipo battery bursting into flames and torching my gun!
                  Think ill wait and see
                  Al

Comment

im trying to find a 9.6v, their just rare for minitypes
                    I shall fear NO evil.

Comment

9.6v minis are easy to get! go on ebay, hundreds of new ones on there!

Comment

Originally posted by seal View Post
                        im trying to find a 9.6v, their just rare for minitypes

No. No, they aren't.:p

Comment

look abroad? i know certain site that i cant say:P have loads! im getting a big ass 9.6v 3300Mah NmH from there:D

Comment

So there is. Now settled on an ics with barrel mounted light! Cough black hawk down cough!
                            I shall fear NO evil.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

seal Find out more about seal
                            Working...
                            X