Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ir laser . G&p or other

Originally posted by Ovany View Post
    If you do your homework you will see the more expensive ir lasers are eye safe , not the cheap acm $19 types but the n1000 £200 types
    The N1000 is only eyesafe at a large distance when it is set to project a cone, not a collimated beam. Do YOUR homework Ovany. If you set it to tight beam, you could easily blind somebody with it. Try it on yourself, your retina will made an audible pop, then you won't be able to see to type any more irisponsible posts.

Look, I know I am being a bit sh**y here, but I know what I am talking about and using ANY IR laser without proper training and precautions is dangerous and it is so easy to blind somebody, especially if you are aiming with it.

People should be made aware of this.

Comment

Originally posted by wintergraves View Post
      Obviously there are many variable at play, but anyone saying that IR light has no effects on vision are speaking more nonsense than Davey. Banning them from airsoft is a little extreme, but you should make sure you are responsible with their use, just as you should be with visible lasers.
      Sorry mate, what nonsense am I talking? You have pretty much agreed with what I have said as far as I can tell. I guess we differ in that I think they should not be used for airsoft. I think that is a reasonable standpoint, I would not want somebody pointing one at me. The opinions on here by some posters is a little immature, and I would not trust them to act responsibly with an IR or any other laser. Would you?

Comment

Originally posted by Davey View Post
        Sorry mate, what nonsense am I talking? You have pretty much agreed with what I have said as far as I can tell. I guess we differ in that I think they should not be used for airsoft. I think that is a reasonable standpoint, I would not want somebody pointing one at me. The opinions on here by some posters is a little immature, and I would not trust them to act responsibly with an IR or any other laser. Would you?
        I said nonsense in regards to the fact people thought you were speaking nonsense, when actually they were the ones speaking nonsense.

Your view is entirely founded on scientific fact, unlike others which are based on limited logic.

We only differ in that I understand the dangers, but if anyone can aim an IR at my eyes for long enough to permanent damage then they are a damn good aim/lucky fluke. Especially with the IR lasers we're talking about (wavelengths involved, etc). In all honesty, there's a considerable minority of players at skirmishes that I don't even trust with airsoft guns, yet alone having them point a laser in my face also... Having said that, I doubt that anyone serious enough to purchase an IR illuminator for their NVGs is in that minority.
        WANTED: KAC QD SUPPRESSOR (long) & AKS-74/AKMS
        After one week with me in my dojo, you'll be prepared to defend yourself with the strength of a grizzly, the reflexes of a puma, and the wisdom of a man.

Comment

Originally posted by wintergraves View Post
          I said nonsense in regards to the fact people thought you were speaking nonsense, when actually they were the ones speaking nonsense.

Your view is entirely founded on scientific fact, unlike others which are based on limited logic.

We only differ in that I understand the dangers, but if anyone can aim an IR at my eyes for long enough to permanent damage then they are a damn good aim/lucky fluke. Especially with the IR lasers we're talking about (wavelengths involved, etc). In all honesty, there's a considerable minority of players at skirmishes that I don't even trust with airsoft guns, yet alone having them point a laser in my face also... Having said that, I doubt that anyone serious enough to purchase an IR illuminator for their NVGs is in that minority.
          Sorry if I misunderstood you mate, I just think some of these guys on here need to be made aware, God, I sound like my dad! I read on a night vision forum recently some guy freaking out because he had damaged his eye with an IR laser, he got permanent damage to his retina, took a fraction of a second, he was really losing it. The other thing about IR lasers is they burn NV tubes just as easily, even autogated Gen 3 like the PVS-14. I burnt a Gen1+ tube a while back when my weapon mounted IR bounced off the floor. It left a big black spot right in the middle of the image.

Don't want somebody pointing IR at my NVG!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ovany Find out more about Ovany
          Working...
          X