Custom paint jobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom paint jobs

A freind of mine is considering spraying his gun in jungle camo, but I dont think he understands the implications of doing it

I haven't really had much experience with this but i belive it dosent make much difference to how much you stand out given that the games we play usually only last roughly 10 minuets and so proper stelth isn't really a option

I was just wondering other peoples experiences/oppionions on the subject

Re: Custom paint jobs

Can look good, can look bad, almost certainly will reduce the gun's value.
    sigpic

Comment

To be honest, if he enjoys doing it then it's fair enough. I don't think 'camo' as such matters when playing but the base colour certainly does. Two tone guns exempt, unless you're running about with some other super bright colour, the general black, OD, tan colours seem to be remain relatively well hidden. Most custom paintjobs that I've seen are for the aesthetics rather than the effectiveness of the camouflage. Not saying all of them are though as I'm sure there are many who have resprayed to suit their site habitats etc.

Unless he's skirmishing in the desert, let him have fun (and see how hard it is to spray a pretty mint paintjob!)

Blue

Originally posted by Lonewolf873
      Mods can you please edit the title to shirt as I'm sure 5.11 don't sell shits.

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
        Can look good, can look bad, almost certainly will reduce the gun's value.
        Never thought of that, interesting point. Would it still reduce value if it was painted to absolutely top quality? Couldn't a special paint job increase value?

Originally posted by Lonewolf873
        Mods can you please edit the title to shirt as I'm sure 5.11 don't sell shits.

Comment

A top notch one may increase the value, but only if the person buying it wants that finish. No matter how good the paint job is, there has to be a buyer who both wants the gun and likes the paint job. Anything else and the value will be reduced as a buyer will either have to live with a paint job they don't like (no matter how good it is) or remove it/respray it.

I've seen guns I really like at a price that I'm willing to pay, but ignored them due to paint jobs.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
            A top notch one may increase the value, but only if the person buying it wants that finish. No matter how good the paint job is, there has to be a buyer who both wants the gun and likes the paint job. Anything else and the value will be reduced as a buyer will either have to live with a paint job they don't like (no matter how good it is) or remove it/respray it.

I've seen guns I really like at a price that I'm willing to pay, but ignored them due to paint jobs.
            robin is right. Only paint it if you are planning on keeping it for ages or don't mind it devaluing. Plus painted guns take longer to sell also...
            TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Agreed with everything that has been said, 80% of the time though, the paintjob doesn't suit the gun/looks bad.

Comment

Just use camo tape instead of paint

Comment

Or camo tape it then spray the camo tape... Easy to remove but it's still a spray job!

Comment

the camo tape sounds like a good idea i also considered telling him to get some kind of camo netting that he can take off and put back on quickly

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Winters Find out more about Winters
                    Working...
                    X