• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is the best m14?

which is the best m14?

Re: Which is the best m14?

Tokyo Marui...

Or do you mean variant, as in Socom, Soc16, EBR, JAE?

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Out of the box, I would probrably say Tokyo Marui, though the price difference between them and the G&G + CA equivalents has become quite large so if you bought a CA or G&G you'd have money left to upgrade if you wanted..

The Clone M14's are an even more extreme case of this and would leave you more money to upgrade, though personally I'd prefer one of the higher end brands, and would only really consider a Cyma clone.

Hope this kindof helps.

Comment

TM all the way
        sigpic
        Originally posted by Parky
        Being offended by the deaths of over 6 million people's almost as bad as not using the sales template.

Comment

For what?

TM is widely regarded as the best stock M14. Very good range, and it's reliable.
          Cyma is a clone of the TM, their bodies tend to be a little hit and miss but they are on the up.
          CA are a lot of money, for not a lot of product. Semi good finish but not nearly as a good as the TM in most aspects.
          AC/GM I'm not so sure on, cloned from TM again I believe. I would spend the little extra on getting the Cyma personally.

If you want to make a DMR of it, then pick up one of the Cyma models. Why spend more money on your base when you're going to gut it and start afresh. It makes more sense to get a cheap base model in that respect
          Does not speak moron.

Comment

The G&G veteran is by far the best externally i hear, so if you are going to upgrade a little bit, go for that one
            Old Feedback: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9500-TaylorB

Comment

im sorry, i meant like.... the different types SOCOM etc

Comment

oh in that case it doesn't really matter. the only difference is the barrel length, which won't make a huge difference either way as to the performance. So it's all down to personal taste really.

I would take the normal long version.
                and the kart/rail version thingy is very heavy so i wouldn't go for that myself.

Comment

barrels over 220mm make no difference its all to do with the hop unit

Personally standard m14 is the best looking

Comment

my G&G soc with an additional full size outer n (inner not purchased yet) barrel if i want to have a change is for me a good option
                    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

EBR and JAE are sex.

If you are cool you could buy your Mauri M14 and then buy the super cheap clone with the JAE body, swap them around and have a great shooting, and looking gun.
                      SAVE OUR SPORT
                      http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

So there is no change in performance between a standard m14 compared to a socom version?
                        You miss every shot you don't take.

Comment

not really.

personally i think there is (my preference more than opinion, i don't like to feel i am missing out on any range)

many people have shown that there is no change, and i am pretty sure there isn't. just for my personally i would want a longer inner barrel just in case, and it looks better anyway.

Comment

I have a thread up on another forum with this question, I went a little more in depth though haha.

General consensus is that the TM is fantastic but out of the box the G&G veteran is the best performer, added bonus is that its 420'ish fps out of the box, handy if you want to limit it to semi and use it that way without having to touch the gearbox internals.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jaskin1992 Find out more about jaskin1992
                            Working...
                            X