Slow customs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow customs?

My order seems to be taking a while to clear customs.

Scanned into customs on the 15th and still there? It doesn't normally take this long to clear customs .

Any ideas? backlog? or even lost?

Or am I just being impatient? :p

It's a non RIF import- just accessories.

Re: Slow customs?

i had this problem it wasnt customs it was relesed to parcel force in 24 houers so id say call parcel force and see whats going on
    Originally posted by Stones
    true, but one goes boom at things that fly and one goes boom at things infantry dont like.

Comment

Sounds normal to me. PFs tracking site is almost always not up to date either.

Comment

Ive just had some fun with customs that stretched out to almost two months, basically they're extremely busy right now, and you have to wait.

Sorry.
        - confirmed Mr.cool coolest of the cool airsofters.
        - I can't believe I'm lame enough to put my extremely cool youtube channel in my signature

Comment

They're busy adding as many charges as possible to it, give them some time; the numbers they're working with are pretty large.
          Others till I die

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERPROOPERATOR View Post
            two months

What.

Comment

Originally posted by bravotwozero View Post
              What.
              To be fair on them, it was a bolt action, shell fed gas Kar98. I can see how that would concern the average customs man.

Now if only they hadn't broken it while checking if it was real or not, everything would be dandy.
              - confirmed Mr.cool coolest of the cool airsofters.
              - I can't believe I'm lame enough to put my extremely cool youtube channel in my signature

Comment

Ah, well that's more understandable then.

My order is a scope, so wouldn't of thought that would ring alarm bells.

Comment

They seem to just be horrendously inconsistent as on a few occasions large orders of mine from HK and such have sailed through quickly enough even with the charges added and others they hold on to for days/weeks for seemingly no reason.

I ordered an HSGI denali rig a year odd back and it arrived in customs from Belgium in little over a day because I payed extra for express shipping but customs took nearly 3 weeks to send me the letter with my reference so I could pay the charges which completely voided the point of paying extra for the quicker shipping in the first place. =/
                  > Gallery http://drake-uk.deviantart.com <

Comment

2 months for customs is not acceptable, as long as the paperwork is all in order and the item is not suspect there is no need for it to be there for more that 2 or 3 days.

Comment

Call them up mate parcel farce then customs office it being held at, and inquire why it's being held as it not law breaking item to import so should not be held

Comment

I recently had an AEG take 11 days to clear customs, however when i got it they hadnt even opened the package.
                        TM/G&P MK14 Mod 0, G&P SR16 URX Shorty, TM Glock 18c GBB, DE L128A1

Comment

Mine left HK 1/3, arrived stanstead 3/3 and as of today, still at stanstead, customs cleared it yesterday, but apparantly can't be released until the original officer releases it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Spoke to three robots, one customs official, and three parcel force depots and finally got through to someone a little helpful.

The nice lady said that there is something unusual about my order, that E-quick have marked my item as passed on to parcel force but parcel force have no record of it being passed along.

I'm in contact with my supplier but still nothing.

I don't understand it, how can a cage full of parcels go missing? It's not a dodgy item that's being imported, just a scope!

Any advice as to what I should do now?

Comment

Received mine after 3 weeks, turned out to be a lack of communication as customs and excise had no record of it and was being held by tnt, so wondering if this is a ploy to make money, just waiting to see if they send me a bill now.
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bravotwozero Eyes on. Find out more about bravotwozero
                              Working...
                              X