This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats the yellow lense for?

right, quite a daft question but i actually want to know, im at my desk playing with my ESS ice 2.4 yellow lense and wondering what its actually for?

Re: whats the yellow lense for?

It aids vision and makes your view appear sharper, or something to that effect.

Comment

It is to make things appear as if yellow.

That is it's function.
      http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a314/cliftond/lampard.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

they are high contrast lenses

and i quote

"Yellow -- Allows 68% light transmission. A vibrant lens tint that brightens terrain while increasing contrast and definition in extremely flat and low light conditions."
        |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

How odd, my 2.4's turned up yesterday and I was wondering the same thing. I decided it was to make you look cooler and or a prat :D

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

Yellow lenses in general help in low light. So should help you see better in the evenings/mornings

Comment

I all ways thought its light saturation, helps you see movement quicker in dimmer condition and sensitivity in contrast also increased Visual acuity

Comment

Yeah my goggles have the same feature, just makes seeing in the low light of the airsoft field much easier. I personaly think they're fantastic, always glad i've got them
                G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

They work really well on dull overcast days. After a couple of mins you dont even notice the yellow tint either.

Comment

Essentially they are 'light enhancing' for improving vision in darker light environments. Cricketers havebeen wearingthem for years during night games because the colour yellow helps them generate better depth perception. Other colours do other things for example. Try covering a page of a bookwith a transparent sheet of one of many colours and see the difference in your reading speed and comprehension of what is written, it's pretty amazing and so simple.

Comment

Okay so I don't think we need anyone else to post the same response

I will add though, that yellow lenses make BB's disappear in fog

Comment

^^lol so does that mean you shouldnt wear them when it sunny? i do :s
                        Originally posted by owainthegreat
                        You sir, are a potato.

Comment

they make britian seem sunnier than it is and increases morale, clearly

Comment

Originally posted by rwardle33 View Post
                            ^^lol so does that mean you shouldnt wear them when it sunny? i do :s
                            If you're playing in an open field or similar, dark lenses would be better on a bright day. Same end result - by cutting out a certain kind of light, your perception improves - just requires choosing the right colour for the effect.

On the other hand, if you're playing in woodland where you change between bright sunlight and broken shade, the yellow lenses can be of more benefit.
                            /9 out.

Comment

It tricks your eyes into working better in low light conditions
                              SAVE OUR SPORT
                              http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sniperiain Find out more about sniperiain
                              Working...
                              X