Scopes? Damage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scopes? Damage?

Just recieved a scope, even though the rings dont even fit it i'll get it sorted! but what my main concern is that if someone where to shoot the front lense, wouldent it break? sorry if its a noob question!

Chandler

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Re: Scopes? Damage?

yes the lense can get cracked i use a flashliller which helps to protect it
    WANTED
    Mid cap mp5 mags
    s-arms m4 mags
    motorola & kenwood commercial radios

Comment

it would but it would have to be a hell of a shot! unless someone did it at really close then yes
      sharpshooter,not sniper.

Comment

As said up there ^ Possible? yes. Rare? yes.

Comment

Rare unless you do CQB, I got my reflex red dot shattered the first time i used it
          "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

Depends, a long burst of auto can hit a lot of places on a person and a weapon. People have had teeth and reflex sights shot up, can't see how a scope can be any less likely to get hit.

Comment

Ahh man, that must of sucked big time..

But yeah, CQB your chances of getting it smashed sky rocket - I thought he meant Rifle Scopes.

Comment

CQB kill optics pretty quickly.

You can get a perspex sheet and cut it to fit in front of your lens. There was a little per-made RIS version of something like that you could flip up and down but I can't remember where I seen it. Looked pretty nifty.
                SAVE OUR SPORT
                http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

If you are worried about your weapon sight in CQB going bust, you can get ones with polycarbonate lenses like the hurricane eotech that is made to be blasted at in moderation of course.

Sniper wise you shouldnt be right up close for your scope to be shot at anyway

Comment

If someone can damage your sniper scope they're (or you) are too close! (or if its over distance, a cracking shot!)

I have seen an eotech have a chunk of the clear plastic bit blown out though, and this was from a fair distance away. Just another risk of airsoft at the end of the day.

"Superior Firepower: If it's not working, you're not using enough!"

Comment

if a bb can shatter the glass of a sniper scope then.. well it must be pretty high FPS

reflex sights perhaps but scope glass is rather thick
                      |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

If you're worried that much then why bother using a scope? Let's face it, in airsoft you'll be firing at people at range up to a maximum of 100 metREs and if you need a scope for targets that close then I'd suggest spending money on an eye test rather than a scope. If you are adamant that you 'need' to use a scope then you should balance up the chances of it being hit, being hit and cracked and not hit at all. Why not draw a circle on your jacket of the same circumference and see if that circle gets hit. It's highly unlikely.

Comment

I've played lots of CQB games and I've never once had a red dot lens shot out altho I have seen it happen to other.
                          I have however had the glass of a Surefire G2 shot out and the glass on a H3 Navigator watch.

Comment

i wouldnt say a bb would shatter glass more leave a huge crack and rendering the optics useless. Iron Sights cant beats them!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 7.62mm View Post
                              If you're worried that much then why bother using a scope? Let's face it, in airsoft you'll be firing at people at range up to a maximum of 100 metREs and if you need a scope for targets that close then I'd suggest spending money on an eye test rather than a scope. If you are adamant that you 'need' to use a scope then you should balance up the chances of it being hit, being hit and cracked and not hit at all. Why not draw a circle on your jacket of the same circumference and see if that circle gets hit. It's highly unlikely.
                              Think you've got a bit the wrong idea mate, hes not worried about it cracking anymore than im worried about someone shooting out my red dot or teeth- its not common but a problem you want to keep in mind. That said, although ive heard of people loosing teeth and red dot sights, ive never actually heard of someone getting a rifle scope cracked- but that doesnt mean it wont happen!
                              G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                              RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Chandler Find out more about Chandler
                              Working...
                              X