Lipo for the AK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lipo for the AK?

Could someone please tell me if i can get a 'stick lipo' for the Ak?Thanks!!
    sigpic

Re: Lipo for the AK?

Yes, your in look, this guy has 3 for sale.

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=100967
    Over 150 positive sales & trades on this and other forums!

Comment

Or have a look on the web you can get new ones for not much more than that. Plus there 11.1v which can cause some problems unless your gun is set up for it. I'd go with the 7.4v type that is cheaper again and runs your gun fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian IWG View Post
        Or have a look on the web you can get new ones for not much more than that. Plus there 11.1v which can cause some problems unless your gun is set up for it. I'd go with the 7.4v type that is cheaper again and runs your gun fine.
        Dont be boring.
        Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Thanks !It's 7.4v that i am looking for but could not find any shop in the UK do them??
          sigpic

Comment

Most stores will do a stick lipo, I'm guessing its for an AK47S or similar with folding stock.

Not sure you will get a cylinder stick but certainly a short stubby pack which is the size of a mini batt tops.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian IWG
              WTF does that mean. If you have nothing worth while to ad to the thread don't post

Kakitli PM your email address and I can send you a link.
              I don't it was a worthless addition to the thread. It added a bit of humour.

Thanks for completely taking that away from the thread.

:-P
              Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

people like ian usually have never even ran lipo.... dont be boring, 11.1s are fine with the little matter of AOE correction, besides, for an 11.1v 20c is a fairly low discharge rating, normally they are 30c+
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JOE90 View Post
                  people like ian usually have never even ran lipo.... dont be boring, 11.1s are fine with the little matter of AOE correction, besides, for an 11.1v 20c is a fairly low discharge rating, normally they are 30c+
                  Ian actually runs all his guns on Lipos but sorry 'mister know it all' I prostate myself at your superior knowledge, may be you could come and help me with my job as an electrical engineer.

Basically the the higher the voltage the higher your ROF will be, and the higher that is the more chance you have of doing damage to your gearbox unless it has good gears fitted and is properly shimmed etc. The C rating is to do with the current output discharge
                  ie 11.1V Li-Po 1600mAh 15C = 15 x 1.6 = 24 Amps
                  but a 7.4v 2200mAh 25c = 25 x 2.2 = 55 Amps
                  as you can see this gives you more power than the 11.1 (the battery lasts longer) but it will run a little slower. It is a little more complicated than normal batteries but if you use this as a guide you won't go wrong. But make sure you get a good quality balanced charger and a voltage alarm for the battery. Oh and a good thing to do is fit a mosfet as the higher you C rating and mAh is the more chance you have of the trigger switch burning out. The mosfet will help prevent this.

Comment

Originally posted by Machaon View Post
                    I don't it was a worthless addition to the thread. It added a bit of humour.

Thanks for completely taking that away from the thread.

:-P
                    Sorry dude just didn't see it at the time.:D

Comment

One thing to keep in mind is that the C rating is not a constant discharge, but what the battery is capable of discharging at, so a 2200 MAh 30C battery and a 2200 MAh 20C battery of the same voltage will run the same if both are discharged at 20C or less, but the 30C can provide more discharge if required. So if you know the discharge rate you need, you can pick a good "C" rating that is not too expensive.

Comment

You can work out the discharge rate of you old non-lipo battery with the following (approximate) formula:

A NiMh discharges normally at a max of about 12C, so take the mAh figure divided by 1000 and multiply it by the C rating.

A 8.4v 1400mAh NiMH battery would produce a max of 1.4 x 12 = 16.8A

Go from there to find the lipo that gives a similar figure.
                        sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

kakitli Stop the BS.Straight to the point. Find out more about kakitli
                        Working...
                        X