buying from American sites?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buying from American sites?

With american sites, does it mean if you get UKARA then you can order of them?

Re: buying from American sites?

If your unlucky that it gets hold in customs then you will need to provide all skirmish details to customs

Comment

In order to import into this country, you must qualify for the defense. You need to prove you are a skirmisher, and be over 18. The easiet way to prove this is to be UKARA registered.

Comment

Originally posted by MiniSnipa View Post
        If your unlucky that it gets hold in customs then you will need to provide all skirmish details to customs

It's a gun, it will be seized by customs. If you're lucky, they'll ask you for details. If not, they will just destroy it, and you lose your money.

Comment

Speaking of importing, I'm gonna be importing an electroplated silver metal desert eagle slide and frame in the near future. Seeing as this is gun parts and not a gun, would I need to provide my UKARA if it got stopped, or just pay stupid import duties?

Comment

I'm fairly sure it's fine, but it depends how much it looks like a gun. If it's just the frame and no mechanical looking bits, then the customs guys may see that it's just a shell, and let you have it.

Comment

In theory VCRA only applies to RIFs and not to parts.

But, you can always get a stroppy customs officer. Better to have your reg number included in the package to be on the safe side.
              sigpic

Comment

Ah, that's alright then. Speaking of electroplating silver, have you ever seen anything electroplated with silver? I'm wondering how shiny it's going to be. Hopefully really shiny and looks like stainless steel, as the TM chrome desert eagle my brother has looks more plastic than metal.

Comment

but if you do import from american sites, chances are the gun will be orange tipped

Comment

To Billywu: Shiny just doesn't cut it when describing the electroplated silver, it is tremendously shiny.

As for importing from the US, you are safer just buying UK as all the US saites either give you orange tipped guns or charge stupidly high shipping rates.

'FireKnife'
                    68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
                    Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

As an avid importer (if you buy enough it's always cheaper than the UK with more choice), I have only ever had problems with importing, and that was because I had no defense registration at the time. Customs held the gun for a few months until I could supply the reg details, and then a month after I supplied it, it turned up.

Other than that, I have imported many airsoft guns into the country, and even when I haven't had the registration attached, they have me on the system as a defense holder so just put it through.

I've also found (could have just been lucky), that pistols get through with no trouble, I have ordered many pistols from the US and HK and not one has even been taxed.

EDIT: I have only ever got 1 orange tipped pistol when importing. Shipping can be high, but that all depends on what you buy and who you buy from, for example (W.......G........C) just charged me £45 for a £300 order including some pretty heavy stuff (including 1 rifle) and personally I don't think that's too bad.

mj23lj
                      Trader Feedback:
                      New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
                      Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Comment

Billy, you will be able to see your glint quite significantly on a sunny day, thats all im saying

And i would either use UK or HK retailers, not worth it from the states unlesss its something specific.

Regarding importing, i've never heard of a gun/RIF/IF being destroyed without explanation or a chance for explanation, youll almost certainly be contacted. RIFs are the only thing covered by the law, not parts, so you should be ok, but never the less, make sure your registration details are available
                        G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                        RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

in science in school we did eletrolicis with copper and bloody hell (excuse my language) it was shiny so silver! thats a different story!

Comment

When im registered be it mum dad brother friend im going to save up and import a cheytac m200 haha.

Comment

Don't bother buying from the USA - no trades, orange tips, export difficulties, the lot.

If you're gonna import, go to HK where the stuff is actually manufactured (well, hardly any of it is these days, but its the main 'hub')
                              /9 out.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Thinker341 Retro guns, Retro combats, RETRO! :D Find out more about Thinker341
                              Working...
                              X