Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

importing guns from abroad (yes another one)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• importing guns from abroad (yes another one)

is it really worth it? =/

il get this closed when i get a consensual answer i just want to know what peoples views on it are

Re: importing guns from abroad (yes another one)

Personally i wouldnt as i cant be bothered with any potential hastle and would rather pay a little more money and get something sooner

J

Comment

hmm true im thinking star l85 carbine its very expensive in this country =/

Comment

I'll generally pay up to 20% more if it's in stock in the UK... which it never is...

Yes - it saves disappointment. [/cynic]

Comment

any probs through customs panoptes? how much do you usually pay when it gets this side?

Comment

UPS have their own rif declaration system that was very smoothe for me. Would highly recommend using them
            TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

oh yeah? how would you select them then? =/

Comment

totaly.

Comment

Originally posted by BALBOSA View Post
                  oh yeah? how would you select them then? =/
                  You have to hope the retailer your buying off use them.
                  With the few ive used its sort of pot luck.

But in general go for it, HK retailers have by far more in stock than even our 2 biggest retailers IMO, your purchase (depending on shipping method) can be on our shores before a UK retailer pulls the item off the shelf, the only waiting comes if customs our end want a peep.
                  Cost wise all in all you will find that with vat and possible parcelfarce charges it generaly works out the same price maybe a little cheaper.

Comment

yeah as i expected really well the item in question is going to be about 200 including postage to get here would you think much would be added? i spose that depends if they wanna peep at it

Comment

Originally posted by BALBOSA View Post
                      yeah as i expected really well the item in question is going to be about 200 including postage to get here would you think much would be added? i spose that depends if they wanna peep at it
                      they will charge tax regardless of inspection. you can probably expect around £40-£55 in charges
                      TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

20% VAT is going to be the killer there.
                        Cant remember what customs charges will work out at.
                        A wise man once told me that if you look at the $ price of your item, that is the ballpark £ price to you door, and i have to say +/- a few quid thats about how it works.

Comment

...............dang =/

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
                            20% VAT is going to be the killer there.
                            Cant remember what customs charges will work out at.
                            A wise man once told me that if you look at the $ price of your item, that is the ballpark £ price to you door, and i have to say +/- a few quid thats about how it works.
                            prety much true for my experiences

Comment

Got my eyes on a WE scar for my birthday at $220+$38 shipping, so im looking at £160 posted and around £200 mark to my door, still not a bad deal i dont think.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BALBOSA Sound Designer\Sound Recordist, Outdoor enthusiast and all round crafty bugger, one of the 2 founding members of team unit-13, if you would like info on the team feel free to drop me a pm Find out more about BALBOSA
                              Working...
                              X