SA80's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SA80's

I know, but that's not specific to the L85, STAR are generally a bit touch and go.

Comment

Once the piston mod had been done on my G&G L85A2 it settled into being a great gun. Fires reliably, the blowback works a treat, and the gun is as accurate as any other out there. Plus its built like a brick and can take any level of abuse. The AA one is also excellent value, so given your budget I'd recommend that with the mods made. If you can find one, go for the A2 as that should have the mag release modification made - its a pain finding that your mag has dropped out mid firefight lol
      WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

Is'nt there supposed to be an AA A2 coming this year?
        HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

i had an AA one from scotland and it had the upgrade thingy. its not that bad (the upgrade that is) but it broke after 4 hours of skirmishing! i then got the STAR one which i loved! it had a smooth reload, it has a much much stronger design then the AA one, the ROF was just as good if not better than the AA, it could have been accurate but i didnt bother with that, it was easy to strip down, it had a nice trigger and finally the only downside was the cost at £350 brand new! but i got mine of here for somin like £230 or somin?
          i swapped it for a CA M15A4 because they have been so highly rated!

Comment

Just to backup mine and Fizzy's point about the mods being fairly essential, here isd a pic of the Standard AA Psg-1 length piston after I pulled it out of the gun, after a days skirmishing:

There you can see clear evidence of the sector gear catching the piston before it had finished it's stroke. I wouldn't have expected this piston to last more than 2 more skimishes. The new setup has lasted 7 skirmishes, and is still in perfect condition.

Comment

whats wrong with it?

Comment

Can't you see the extensive wear on the back four teeth?

Comment

Just to back-up TKOS's statement, my sector gear ripped off the back of my piston during its first skirmish. Again due to the sector gear catching the back of the piston as the piston came forward. Once it was fixed using the mod suggested above, the gun's been faultless through around 10 skirmishes.
                  WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

Ive got the star l85 and is one of the best aeg's I own :D

I have to admit though I did have a two problems when I got it as when I fired it the bb's were struggling to get even 5ft away from the end of the muzzle.

Problems where-

1) The inner barrel had a slight kink in it (have no idea how that happened)
                    2) O ring in the gearbox somewhere (will find the letter to say where abouts) so was getting little or no compressing on the bb's.

So sent it back up to the well known guys in Scotland who fixed the gun and had it back within a week where they had replaced the inner barrel with a tightbore inner, replaced the o ring and replaced the spring with an m100 and chucked in a 1joule spring just incase it was over my sites fps limit.

Since then this gun has been amazing and has now got a very nice range, accuracy and a very good rof with an average fps of around the 335 mark

Only thing I dislike about the star l85 is that it is a very loud gun to fire as the gearbox is sitting right by the right ear.

Is a nightmare to use when playing with a headache/hangover lol

Comment

The Guys in ''SCOTLAND''?????????? mark
                      Warrior L96
                      TM FULL STOCK M4 s-system
                      A&K M249 para
                      WE High Capa 5.1 GBB

Trade feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7927

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SGTSNIPER Find out more about SGTSNIPER
                      Working...
                      X