Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harris Bipod Wobble Help

Hi everyone,
    Recently bought a Harris 'style' bipod (probably a bad idea to start with) and wonder if anyone has experienced the same issue as me and has a simple fix I'm missing.

Basically I'm mounting it to a RIS and having trouble getting it fixed securely without a wobble...and eventually coming off. It seems to me like the small unattached piece of metal that the screw goes though doesn't seem the right shape or length to seat correctly on one side of the rail.

I should post pics up and will if this doesn't make sense. Anyone had this issue or have any simple fixes?

Thanks

Sonic Ninja
    sigpic

Re: Harris Bipod Wobble Help

is the ris mounting block wobbling or the bipod itself as the bipos is supposed to wobble for uneaven ground
    trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

Should be a main large screw on the underside, turn it so it screws in to tighten the mount bit

Comment

its the RIS adapter unfortunately. I clamp it on hard with the screw but this doesn't hold it properly and it soon eases off. I think ill have to order a different RIS bipod adapter and see if its any better made.
        sigpic

Comment

thanks badas. I tried this to start with but this seems to just tighten the bipod onto the ris adapter not the ris adapter to the ris which is where the 'loseness' (? is.
          sigpic

Comment

Ah ok, sounds like it's knackered threads then or you haven't quite got it on right

Comment

or it could be that the screw is wider than the channels cut into the rail, try filing down the sides of the screw
              trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
              http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

that's exactly what is it, thanks very much ste887. Im going to have to file it which seems dumb since these things presumably are all standard.

Thanks anyway!
                sigpic

Comment

They may be standard but this is airsoft quality standards don't forget...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sonicninja Find out more about sonicninja
                  Working...
                  X