Mortar Rounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortar Rounds

I am trying to make an airsoft morter, now i have looked into the legality of this for a good while, as long as not impact detonated or stabalised in flight then it is classed as a firework

Here is first attempt, very bad and needs refinment, to make sure fingers are kept, but the theory works

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNKQt...&feature=feedu

Re: Mortar Rounds

Looks good, a friend made one out of scaffold pole and had on shoulder to shoot more direct

Comment

Mine is currently under construction (just needs legs and painting) but basically i tig welded up an air reservoir as the base for it and used a quick release valve into the barrel, the air chamber is filled via a car tyre valve on the end of the chamber so you just fill it with a bike pump up to about 120psi, drop a thunderflash in and release the valve when you want to fire :D
      Roses are red,
      Violets are blue,
      In soviet russia,
      Poem reads you!

Comment

Josh at gunman airsoft has been using something very similar in film-sim games for a few years, used it myself once or twice.

It's a right hoot
        Originally posted by palmer234
        Swerve talks sense. I like him.
        Originally posted by Robin-Hood
        Swerve does in fact talk sense, I also like him.

Comment

Sounds stupid but what do you use? A list should suffice .
          sigpic

Comment

thermo as the charge, then a smoke as the package

Comment

does the thermo not just blow the smoke up sometimes?
              sigpic

Comment

Ive seen specalist mortar rounds that you can buy. Ive used them on anzio and you just lit them like a thunderflash and drop them down the tube. They work great
                Talking to yourself is fine, its when you talk to yourself, argue with yourself and then refuse to talk to yourself that you need to worry.

Comment

Mavrik - do you use pipe as well .?
                  sigpic

Comment

I've seen this done before with regular 48rnd grenades. Scaffold pipe was used for the tube, with a make shift firing pin in the base. Then simply fill the grenade with gas and BB's, as you would do to pop it into your launcher, then drop it into the tube.

I'm no technical expert on this whatsoever, but this is just a method I have seen used before.
                    sigpic

Comment

I used to do something similar many moons ago with Airbomb repeater fireworks.
                      Light the firework, drop it down a tube, the first detonation forces the airbomb out with a second detonation mid flight and a third on landing.
                      Not sure if they still sell airbomb repeaters though?

Comment

SWWargames have one of these, although they now use it as an rpg type thing, With a one piece charge/thermo thing.

Comment

F&O use one sometimes, again, one piece projectile

Comment

At savaged wolf yeah launches out of a metal tube mounted at a 45 degree angle thats sealed at one end. you simply drop the lit end of the grenade in first
                            Talking to yourself is fine, its when you talk to yourself, argue with yourself and then refuse to talk to yourself that you need to worry.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBJtgzMoawg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI25t...eature=related

50mm scaffold tubing with tlsfx's thermo smoke rounds
                              Opinions are like ar**holes, everyone has one.

Usually found being very unimpressed by a lot of players, but gets a pleasant surprise when they actually have a clue on a game day.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

acheekymonkeyuk Find out more about acheekymonkeyuk
                              Working...
                              X