What connectors does everyone use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What connectors does everyone use?

I only ask as i recentley rewired my ICS L85 and put the standard tamiya back on, however me thinking i would get a slightly better ROF from the rewire, was quite dissapointed when it was virtualy the same.
    So as my soldering skills are a bit poo and the fact that i only have a butane soldering iron, i rulled out any form of deans or XT60 connectors.
    That left bullets, they needed next to no soldering skill to fit and gave the ROF quite a boost. (i was actualy amazed)
    However i was worried about possible shorts if anything ripped the heatshrink.
    So looking for something else on my fave electrical website found EC3 connectors.
    These things are brilliant, they take the 3.5mm bullet connectors that i had previously soldered on and there is now no worry at all about possible shorts as they are a solid block of plastic, the bullets simply click into place within the connector housing (they take one hell of a shove!!) so arent going anywhere anytime soon and most of all keep that ROF increase i was looking for in the first place.

So what does everyone else use?

Re: What connectors does everyone use?

Deans. Also I found they didn't need any skill what so ever to fit haha or maybe I have done them wrong? ahh well they still work :D

Comment

I'm still using good old tamiyas, mostly for compatability reasons as all the other guys I go with use them too so can always chuck eachother batts if we need them

Comment

XT60's unless the wire is very thick from the battery then deans.

I know it seems a little contradictory going backwards for thicker wire, but so long as you can heat it up, you can solder pretty much any wire to a deans.

Some of my batteries come with 8AWG wire.

12 awg is ok for xt60's though.
        Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

I use deans, also two other friends have changed all there connectors to deans too.

Really easy to fit and use

J

Comment

deans connectors ad the tamiya ones ca cause resistance so ur not getting the most from your gun plus the can hold a bit more ampage

Comment

Tamiya. Mainly down to the fact of making my own life easier. Everything I have is set up for either mini tamiya or normal sized tamiya connectors. No point changing 8 batteries and 4 guns over to another connector type, along with swapping my charging connectors too. Tooooo much hassle to be honest.
              The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

You say that but i changed all 4 of my aegs to deans as all my batteries and made a lead up for charger, would never use tamiya's again

Originally posted by Metalbody
                pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

XT60's

Comment

about to have all my guns switched over to deans, especially the PDW, to make the connectors on the wires a little less obvious!

Comment

Originally posted by helpimonfire View Post
                      Tamiya. Mainly down to the fact of making my own life easier. Everything I have is set up for either mini tamiya or normal sized tamiya connectors. No point changing 8 batteries and 4 guns over to another connector type, along with swapping my charging connectors too. Tooooo much hassle to be honest.
                      I currently only have one AEG in my armoury so it wasnt a problem faffing around untill i found the one for me...lol
                      However i think even if i had more id still change them all over from tamiya, i didnt believe all the talk of how crap they were untill i saw the difference for myself.

I certainly wont be returning to tamiya again.

Comment

I use Genuine Deans, and in the few setups I run where the deans are bottlenecked then it's 4mm gold bullets.
                        dsgdreamteam

Comment

Switching to deans, as they do seem to be a more robust connection, not sure if I can expect a better ROF, i'm sure someone on here will enlighten me, if that is the case?

Comment

ROF may increase by 1 RPS. Not much difference. But again, depends on the setup.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Just doing the connector will only give a small maybe unnoticable difference.
                              Thats why i also rewired mine, ICS are good but ive seen spagetti strands thicker than there wiring.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tisane Find out more about tisane
                              Working...
                              X