Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improving range

Hi guys

Im looking to improve the range on my m4 ive had a 6.03 barrel imstalled but it didnt really do much still falling quite short, any ideas on what else i can do?

Jon

Re: Improving range

What make of hop unit and hop rubber do you have installed? The hop rubber would make the most difference to range. A tighter bore of barrel would only really effect the grouping of your shots.
    Bit-o-everything M4 RIS /TM MP5A4 / JG G36C / KWA MP9 NS2 / WE G39C / KSC USP / TM Beretta PX4 / TM 1911 MEU / DE M56 shotty

Comment

Better Hop Rubber eg Madbul Shark, and or a TK Twist Barrel.
      sigpic
      View iTrader Rating Here
      Looking for Kjw KC-02 Parts(Ra-tech, Kjw, etc..) PM me!

Comment

I belivie its a standard hop unit, what hop unit woud you susggest?

Comment

What make is the m4 then? Need to know whats in it before i tell you to change anything.
          Bit-o-everything M4 RIS /TM MP5A4 / JG G36C / KWA MP9 NS2 / WE G39C / KSC USP / TM Beretta PX4 / TM 1911 MEU / DE M56 shotty

Comment

Potentially one of the most effective range increasers and the cheapest part is a hop rubber.
            Also worth checking your hop nub (small little rubber ring attached to the hop slider) hasn't fallen out, or making it bigger/thicker. Because without it the hop unit/rubber is less effective. My VSR fired about 35m, before I put in a stronger hop nub. Now it ill fire at a barn 60m away from my home, and over it!! (Not that I should though.... *cough*)

as for the hop unit its self, anything TM is usually good, if it'll fit. Failing that, find another maker which possibly makes a metal version?

GP.
            sigpic

Comment

what everybody else has said hop up rubber and i also found the H-nub was a good investment. Also moving up to .25bb's can give a slight range boost not a lot though.

Comment

it marui ok ill try that first

Comment

hmmmm never heard of a marui with a bad hop, maybe check the barrels installed correct or that the nub hasnt fell out

Comment

nub?

Comment

the nub is a little bit of plastic that pushes down on the rubber to apply the backspin. if you lift the arm then a little piece of plastic should fall out. if it doesn't then that is where your problem can be found.

Comment

It's called a H-nub.
                        It depresses the hop rubber causing the rubber to dip into the barrel, making the BB spin.

If it's not there, it won't depress the rubber as much!
                        Ninja'd

Also, have you made sure your barrel and hop rubber is straight? I had a similar problem before... until I realised I hadn't straightened up my barrel when I put my gun back together and the bullets where going no-where. It's a bit like shooting your gun sideways... the bullets fail...epically...
                        Last edited by Grounded_Pilot; 3 April, 2011, 16:41.
                        sigpic

Comment

So which is better a harder or softer rubber?
                          Multi cam does not equal skill !

Comment

I have always thought Soft for 350fps and below and Hard for 351fps and above

Comment

harder = more spin... but I find them to be rather erratic when adjusting...
                              softer = less spin... but less finickity.

For example, pistols often have soft rubbers, and snipers often have hard ones.

Coupled with the right FPS, range is increased. Most pistols can't cope with a hard rubber because they are not powerful enough to get pass the rubber.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV this below runs on a "70 hardness" Guarder Hop Rubber and H-Nub.
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jon_172 Find out more about jon_172
                              Working...
                              X