When do you call it a day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When do you call it a day?

Major issues in my personal life have lead me to have less and less time to give to airsoft. I'm not motivated to go to games, get new gear or work on any of my projects. My gear is sat gathering dust and I know it's money just sat there.

My question is, when do you know when to stop playing and get rid of the gear?
    Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
    I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Re: When do you call it a day?

Not sure. But if you do decide to jack it in I would keep 1 gun and set of kit to skirmish in so if in a year or 2 you decide you would like to skirmish again you don't have to spend out on kit to do so.

Comment

Sad to hear that for whatever reason you dont have time to play.

I also play very little these days, however i dont think (with the exeption of serious injury) id ever completley give up.

The very worst i think i would leave myself with a single AEG, pistol and the basic gear to mean if i did want to play again i wouldnt have to hire.

Comment

yeah plus one to the above, but if you dont need the cash, then just store your gear etc, you never know, things may perk up in a few months-year!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roxy View Post
          Major issues in my personal life have lead me to have less and less time to give to airsoft. I'm not motivated to go to games, get new gear or work on any of my projects. My gear is sat gathering dust and I know it's money just sat there.

My question is, when do you know when to stop playing and get rid of the gear?
          talk about it :/

if its money you need sell up n move on like i have, you know when to stop playing when your not motivated to go and airsoft isnt on the brain.

Comment

i would only give up through bad health but hopfully my kids wont and i would take them and just chat to people

Comment

Id say use it as a break, its an unfortunate fact of life when real life stops you doing what you want. As has been said above though, if you havent the motivation then thats the time to move on, but if you still have the motivation but not the time/funds or health for it then use it as a goal to aim for, or an occasion to save for. Ultimately though the decision is in your hands. I hope it all sorts itself out and you can get life back on track.
              section 24 of the 1968 Act
              Supplying imitation firearms to minors
              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I would only stop when it just didn't become fun anymore but i would still keep an AEG and some gear just incase circumstances changed and I had chance to skirmish or something as I am the sort of person that sells up then later on decide I should never have sold up completely. even through medical reasons I would find ways around it and keep playing :D

Comment

Don't get too bummed out Roxy. 'Real life' comes first & you can always come back to it.

I started playing in 2000 odd & have had 2 'breaks' from airsoft. The first lasting about 6 months, the current 14 months & counting, but I'm starting to look at playing again
                  I shouldn't think airsoft's going anywhere any time soon
                  Originally posted by The Laughing Man
                  Millzy I honestly only just noticed that your avatar blinks. I thought I was having a hallucination for a second..

Anyway. Boobs.

Comment

Come on Roxy dont give up, ok life is a pain and gets in the way and yes after a while you will wake up on the morning of a skirmish and think the attraction of staying in your warm bed is too much to bare i know i have been there and done that and i can say just have a break and keep the essentials and flog the rest.

But you want to play every now and again be it at Finmere or Piddington or anywhere else but if you flog everything you have no options left and you are not that sort of person.

You should work out how many skirmishes you have done in the last year say and then how many good memories do you have, i worked it out that in 5 years in airsoft i have done over 150 skirmishes and i have some great memories but i can take it or leave it but i still go just took a step back and that is what you need to do.

Dont go we will miss you(-:

curlyboy
                    'I prefer a straight fight to all this sneaking around' Han Solo

Comment

I just broke a dry spell of about 8 months by going to a different site with some old friends, i did it to just hang with my mates but after a game i realised what i missed about softing in general. having a break is probably the best thing i did referance airsoft. when you go every two weeks for a few years its easy to get complacent and take it for granted. i lost the 'bug' for it but have regained it now, and even though i switched fire to a new site im getting guys together to go back to GZ and rock out. im currently swapping/selling all my old gear to just 'feel' different when i play. its working well. I hope whatever real life stuff sorts its self out so the equation becomes "airsoft or not" rather than anything else couding it. My advice- get some of your airsoft mates and go fo a game, it may be a final wave but it may be a floodgate opening. Also when im having home trouble a day out in the trees lets me put it on the back seat while i get some rounds down.
                      Foxtrot Oscar

Comment

if we all post in the other thread that we would love to skirmish with you,would that persuade you to hang on in there?
                        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
                          if we all post in the other thread that we would love to skirmish with you,would that persuade you to hang on in there?
                          Lol. It might be enough to stop me selling off all my guns perhaps.
                          Pehraps I will just hang up the BDUs for a couple of months and see how I'm feeling. The airsoft itch might return again but we'll see I guess
                          Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                          I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

Well as someone who works weekends and Only managed 3 games last year I would call it a day when you can not manages that ( as long as you do 3 then according to UKARA you are still a regular Skirmisher ). Although I would never sell my Guns I could see why people who played less than that might want to consider liquidating their Collection and return to hiring for the odd game.

Comment

For me, it would be when it was no longer fun. Even then I doubt I would sell up everything. At least not straight away.

Taking a break and seeing what you think seems like a good idea.
                              Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
                              Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Roxy Been an airsofter since October 2008 Find out more about Roxy
                              Working...
                              X