Pistols and shotguns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pistols and shotguns

there are a few sites that have pistol and shotguns events...so apart from the obvious (pistols and shotguns) what other weapons would be suitable/allowed...im thinking TM tac launcher, or my favourite CAW M79 sawed off, but would a maruzen micro uzi be ok?
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Re: Pistols and shotguns

I have always thought this aswell, would say a mac10 be allowed in a pistol only game? as really it has the same function as a full auto glock but there is no doubt that they would be allowed. I would say that is a hazy area and have to be decided by the organizers on the day. BUT I would have to say I personally don't think moscart launchers should be allowed for pistol/Shotgun games, with the exception of shotguns like the mad max ones.

Comment

I'm all for Moscarts and sawn off M79s in a pistol / shotty game . . . and the Mac 10/11

It's about avoiding the AEGs adn being a bit tactical isn't it . . . and you can be a better sneaky git without loud noises and 60BB rounds going off.

Walk quietly and carry a big revolver - quality kills with less than rounds in the chamber

Fun
      Andy
      --------
      WA Beretta Cougar 8045/ ICS M16 / Flare Pistol

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

I thought the point of pistol/shotgun games was that they were semi-auto only games. In which case, any full auto gun might just as well be a full AEG.

Comment

From memory, when Dragon Valley end the day with a pistol game it's semi only, regardless of pistol type.

I don't see the problem with any type of launcher myself in one of these games as, while they throw a lot of BBs, they aren't exactly quick to reload. The only exception to that may be a CAW.
          sigpic

Comment

not really as a pistol such as the G18 is a full auto pistol and don't count as a AEG and i think G18 can be used full auto at DV Rockrobin but thats what i think not 100% sure.

Comment

Been a while since I played there which was why I wasn't too sure.
              sigpic

Comment

I always like these games because the require a bit more marksmanship and way better shooting disciplines while you game, unline an AEG on full auto.

Id allowed mini smgs, if they were on semi only

Comment

Love pistol only games. What locations host these types of events?

Comment

Think the mall runs gas and spring days

I find this a little funny as i only ever run pistol and shotgun in cqb be it at the mall, courthouse, bunker or mia. you dont need a special day for it lol

Comment

Originally posted by Fitch View Post
                      Love pistol only games. What locations host these types of events?
                      Nowhere specifically, but find me a site that does and ill be there as soon as I can. at XSite we do one in a paintballl speedball arena just to kill the last 10 minutes. Plenty of shooting and manoeuvring, and lots of awesome kills!

Comment

Launchers should be allowed, they are just oversized shotguns afer all.

i would allow all pistols,shotguns obviously.

Gas smg's--uzi,mac,mp9,mp7,mp5k (not full sized). These as standard have a very limited magazine capacity, correct me if im wrong but i think the mac has the highest with 48rnds.

Aeg/Aep smg's-- same list as above but i would severly limit the magazine allowance to real-cap/lo-cap

The reasons behind this will probably seem silly to most of you.

Gas guns and magazines are expensive to buy,Aeg/Aep not so much.People wth Aeg's will spend money on magazines just to get an advantage over Gas users.

£45-50 for a gas mag for an SMG vs £35-40 for A box of real/lo-caps for an Aeg

My point being that pistol/shotty games are more about being tactical than a standard game,therefore if you only have 20/30/40 round magazines you will be a bit more carefull at what you are firing at rather than blazing away with your unlimited ammo mags.

So gas/aeg/aep Smg's still have a place, just a very limited one

Comment

Well I play nearly every pistol/shotty game at Urban Assault and they are the best games of the month! So much more skill is required then spray and preyers.

We only allow semi auto pistols, gbb and aep.

Shotguns, single shot and tri shot, no moscarts or launchers.

Grenades are ok (the ones sold on site).

I don't see the point in being allowed smg's and so forth on a PISTOL game, if you want to run that kind of hardware use them on aeg night games or day games. They are not pistols and shouldn't be allowed in my eyes.

Comment

Elite battle zone Bexley has a P&S night on mondays.
                            i would like it if full auto pistols were allowed,if it was designed to be full auto than so be it...there are some advantages but,you can empty a full 50 round mag in a couple of seconds,so wheres the advantage in that?
                            ive got a Hera Arms glock kit,but its stuck (broken selector)on full auto,which i love to use,i only fired it in a controlled manner 2-3 shots at a time, my maruzen micro uzi pistol,is full auto only but,it so innacurate i would get slaughtered against aegs....so imo is a fair match against more accurate pistols... tbh ive got such an array of gas operated smgs and launchers that are single shot,or has single shot capacityi just want to use them in a more tactical environment.
                            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by anthonyyoungs1989 View Post
                              I don't see the point in being allowed smg's and so forth on a PISTOL game, if you want to run that kind of hardware use them on aeg night games or day games. They are not pistols and shouldn't be allowed in my eyes.
                              Oddly, back in the olden days when hand guns were legal, semi-auto MP5ks were classified as pistols because the barrel length was short enough!

Anywho, I agree that no SMGs should be allowed in pistol/shotgun games UNLESS the player has no option (doesn't have a pistol or shotgun), and the gun is left on semi - Possibly limit ammo too (e.g. low caps).

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sparrowhawk Find out more about sparrowhawk
                              Working...
                              X