Mill sim sites and the Guns you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mill sim sites and the Guns you use?

Hey all, me and my boys are looking at starting to head into mill sim. Even with our AEGs we usually play single shot and small auto bursts rather than pull the trigger and hold it till your batt goes flat!

What I am after is pictures of your mill sim set ups and gear.
    Peoples oppinions on mill sim etc.

Cheers all it will be a great help in deciding the team weapons etc

Re: Mill sim sites and the Guns you use???

Well I am just beginning to look at doing milsim. I have a GBB rifle (so real caps) and just need to get the full overnight kit sorted and i can begin. Most milsim sites have ammo limits, or at the least impose a midcaps & locaps rule.

Comment

I've played a few more Milsim style games and my loadout has changed from what I used to wear. It has become a much more "useful"loadout! For example, I used to wear a full USMC style loadout, with a full heavy plate carrier, and loads of extra stuff I really didn't need! Now, my kit has been streamlined down to this:

Pro-tec helmet or tan cap
      Tshirt and Regatta soft shell jacket
      Chest rig with mag pouches, accessory pouch, dump pouch and radio pouch
      US Alice webbing set with pistol holster, water bottle and "bum bag"
      UCP Trousers

Occasionally, I will wear my PT armour too. So I streamlined it all down to kit that was actually useful rather than just looks good. As for guns, I would go with whatever is reliable and you have confidence in. I have used my CA M16 for a good number of games and I have every faith that it will perform as expected.
      Originally posted by Moving_Shadow
      Gold Plated? Sorry, I spent all my money on the gun, can I just put some christmas tinsel on it?
      Originally posted by Coz
      Them Tusken raiders are a sensitive peoples, especialy the gay ones

Comment

I would say:

Gear wise, decide on a semi-realistic 'look' you want your team to use. Something like MC trousers, PCU L5 Jacket & Ranger Green vest is enough restriction for a nice consistent look.

If you want to restrict weapons too go for something common like AKs or Armalites, most people own at least one if not both or multiples of each, it's also easy to find parts, mags etc for both platforms and there are plenty of nice accessories to still allow individuality while keeping that consistent image.

Only use midcaps or lower (90rds ish, some guns you can only get 120rd mags etc)

Get effective comms and make sure everyone can use them properly and effectively.

Depending on how hardcore & motivated you are, team training does actually help and I personally find it as enjoyable as the sport itself.

Regular skirmishes are still a viable option, just because everyone else has high caps and is just having a laugh doesn't mean you can't play your way at the same time. Plus it's always fun getting in an organised group and rolling a bunch of rental kids

Most importantly, have fun and remember not to take yourself too seriously. No matter how MILSIM, you're still just a bunch of guys running around in the woods playing soldier.

(I'm almost certain I missed out a whole load of useful stuff but it's been a horrible long day so I might update later)

Comment

It really depends how hard core the milsim is as to what gear you need. Some you can get away with what you would wear to a regular skirmish. Others you will need to take your shelter and food into the field with you on your back.
          Best bet is really look into what you're doing, the rules that apply to the sceanario and that will let you know what you need more. Some games will even give specific loadouts and weapons you need.
          Mid/low caps are an essential at milsims across the board, as is a good set of comms. If you can't get in touch with your team you're useless in a milsim
          Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
          I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

I am starting Milsim soon, I have most of my kit but this is what I plan on having by the time I start:

Claw Gear Gen II Stalker TDUs (OD)
            Oakley Assault Boots 8" (Tan)
            Oakley Factory Assault Gloves (Tan)
            Warrior Assault Systems (WAS) R.I.C.A.S Compact (Tan)
            WAS Cargo Pack (Tan)
            5x WAS Open Top Mag Pouches (Tan)
            WAS Double Pistol Mag Pouch (Tan)
            WAS Fold Up Dump Pouch (Tan)
            WAS Universal Radio Pouch (Tan)
            Motorola T7 Radio
            Spare Battery for Radio
            Element Bowman Style Headset and PTT
            Leatherman
            Propane Canisters (I run a GBBR)
            Small Screwdriver and Allan Key Set
            Lighters
            Pocket Rocket Stove
            Mug
            Spork
            Rations
            Sleeping Bag
            Basher (If outdoors)
            Zip Lock Bags (for rubbish)

I think that's mostly it, I then also have my rifle and mags etc, all of which are 30rnd mags and I only really use 6 at most with a speed loader for bbs but not all sites allow that.
            WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Comment

Agreed, Roxy. Though I figure someone just venturing into the world of MILSIM won't be attending the sort of event where you have to go on a 20 mile hike with all your gear and a giant bergen.

You don't need to be all tacticooled up as long as you can carry what you need in the field.

Comment

Try not to bulk up too much in terms of gear as if you're playing a long milsim game (eg 48 hour) you'll need to carry a decent amount of stuff to keep you going, i'd recommend a light set of gear like the one mentioned about by king, i'd get a 3-day molle pack fill it with any extra mags, and other kit (eg food, waterproof, first aid kit that sort of stuff) that you don't need quickly. then on your chest rig keep maybe 3-7 mags, your radio, some spare batteries for a torch or sight, or radio if you use one, you'll need a torch for 24hr + games or night games obviously, don't cover your gun in pointless rubbish that you won't need try to keep it to a minimum, if you have any sling mounts tape 'em down so they don't rattle, the most important thing is that your gear is comfortable, i know people who bring a full loadout and because it's so uncomfortable it all get's ditched mid day anyways, when deciding gear think of scenarios you can get in and decide if each item you're bringing is necessary, remember to wear all your gear before leaving if you're wearing molle put your pouches in easy to access places, some highly necessary items/gear are (most of this is common sense:

- Torch
                - radio pouch if you have a radio
                - a bunch of mags and pouches to keep em in
                - first aid kit
                - some snacks and water (if you have pistol mag pouches on your gear that aren't being used fill em with mars bars or something similar, people might laugh but an extra boost of energy can be useful for longer more arduous games)
                - comfortable foot wear and gear

thats pretty much it, most of my ramblings are common sense but hopefully it helps

Originally posted by -=256=-Swerve
                You've seen the photos, he's a little stem of grass whistling in the wind, couldn't threaten the skin off a rice pudding.
                Kid has issues

Comment

Originally posted by Robin-Hood View Post
                  Agreed, Roxy. Though I figure someone just venturing into the world of MILSIM won't be attending the sort of event where you have to go on a 20 mile hike with all your gear and a giant bergen.

You don't need to be all tacticooled up as long as you can carry what you need in the field.
                  Bring it on!

I have most of my gear allready form when I trained but Im missing the rifle! Not sure whether to go GBB or AEG?

Thanks for all the advice folks Im sure the team will appreciate it

Comment

I guess the key is cost on this one. You can get UK DPM plus bergens, plce/assault vest etc for a reasonable price, but then if you want to go all US SF then you are going to have to spend some cash.
                    And as has been said, how hardcore do you want to go. Do you want mild milsim where you still essntially skirmish or do you want the milsim where you do tab around a hillside for the weekend, then have a quick firefight last thing on a Sunday?
                    Plate carriers are a tricky one, if you do end up using a bergen, you may find plce a bit easier as it will sit on your shoulders better, and the webbing takes a bit of the weight of the bergen - the last thing you want is to go tabbing, only to find that the camelbak or radio cables start digging into your shoulder. I did an ex with work once, hosted by the RMP. Thought it would be good to experiment with the assault vest rather than the webbing. Spent the week tabbing around with the bergen sitting on the edge of my shoulders because it sat badly on the vest. That was a fun week!
                    sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

Originally posted by Mole1811 View Post
                      Bring it on!

I have most of my gear allready form when I trained but Im missing the rifle! Not sure whether to go GBB or AEG?

Thanks for all the advice folks Im sure the team will appreciate it

It is up to you, just depends how real you want it lol

Comment

Depends how into it you are, think about how much you want to spend and how commited you are, for example you don't want to dish out for a GBBR and a bunch of mags and then decide that milsim isn't for you, in that aspect an AEG is better simply because it's more versatile (waits for GBBR fanboys to retaliate) with the weather we have in the UK if you're playing at night time your standard GBBR mightn't stand up as well as the AEGs people have but as i said it's a decision you need to make so think hard about i before commiting cash.

Originally posted by -=256=-Swerve
                        You've seen the photos, he's a little stem of grass whistling in the wind, couldn't threaten the skin off a rice pudding.
                        Kid has issues

Comment

Not sure whether to go GBB or AEG?
                          Personal preference really, whatever suits you.
                          WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Comment

Bring it on!

That's the spririt!

I would definitely say AEG, unless you live in a particularly nice part of the UK and don't plan on airsofting in the winter GBBRs don't do too well here in my opinion. Plus they are fairly expensive, you could get a TM M4 SOPMOD or something instead and still have nice features like (some) recoil and a working bolt catch. Unless you're made of money, then you should get an Inokatsu M4

Comment

I want to get back to the good old days before I bust my knee and got medical discharge! I miss it!

I think judging by weather etc in the UK and even summer nights can be cold AEG is definately the way forward!

I think I shall look towards a m4 platform, something along the lines of the hk416
                              or even an m4 lol

Uniform wise I like keeping to the PMC look I find its allot more relaxed and I have more fun with it.

Anybody know of any sites in the midlands or nearby?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mole1811 Im a self confessed Airsoft nut! Just wishing he had the money to splash out on lots of new toys Find out more about Mole1811
                              Working...
                              X