"Dual" magazines.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Dual" magazines.

Hey guys, I was wondering what your views were on "Dual" Magazines?

After my last skirmish, i decided that i found it too long to change mags, so i stuck a bit of cardboard between two mags and taped them together to make reloading quicker (every second helps in my view).

I was wondering, what were your views on it?

Do you use mag clamps or tape two mags together or do you find them a bit pointless?

Fire away guys

Re: "Dual" magazines.

Depends...

using normal midcaps it isn't really worth it... 100 rounds or so is generally enough to keep you going until you can reload safely. But with G36 lowcaps I clip them together in pairs to effectively make 2 50 rounders into a 100 round mid that I can do a quick reload with
    Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

Tape two together, don't see the point in buying a clamp when all it takes is something in the middle and some tape, and as you said it saves a lot of time. Only problem is putting it in your vest - i only had single m4 pouches and couldn't fit the 2 in, so you may want to get some doubles. But yeah it is really handy.
      T.W.A.A.T. - Tactical Woodland Airsoft Assault Team

Comment

Personally i don't like "dual" mags I find they get in the way also once spent i found took longer to change to another "dual" mag and don't actually save any time. If i know i am going to have to change a mag quickly I just hold the spare mag in my left (between my 4th and 5th finger while holding stubby forgrip) but thats just what I find works.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmithy View Post
          do you find them a bit pointless?
          Yup, thats me. Prep one mag in my left hand, swap old mag for new mag with the same hand, drop old mag in dump pouch.

Comment

Using 190 mids. Mag changes take 3 - 5 seconds at most. Part of the fun fumbling for a mag when somebody is making a run! :D

Comment

Haha i use MAG midcaps don't you worry
              And usually i will just get ready to reload like the above posts and just grip the mag in my last two fingers, but having one or two sets of mags taped together can help i've found.

Comment

Like everything, theres advantages & disadvantages to them mate. Your first mag change is quick, the next will be slower as you've got to fiddle about with replacing what is essentially a bulkier magazine.
                I'd personally just use a dump pouch, this'll speed up every mag change instead of every other change...
                Originally posted by The Laughing Man
                Millzy I honestly only just noticed that your avatar blinks. I thought I was having a hallucination for a second..

Anyway. Boobs.

Comment

I did use a ready mag for a while but found I could mag change fast enough without it really.

Comment

I like having two SG 552 mags together, 40 rounds isn't much alone.

Comment

I have a number of galil mags and a few mag clamps, but i won't use them, i know its fairly irrelevant in airsoft, but i find it un balances the weapon. i primarily use a GBB M4 with 30 round mags, and i never clamp them either, mainly as its the KJ works weapon with the thermold mags so i can't but the weight of the magazines would dramatically alter the balance in the cant side of things.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jsmithy Find out more about Jsmithy
                      Working...
                      X