Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8.4v 1600 Last all day - ICS M4

hey guys,

i am looking for a battery which will last me a whole day of skirmishing. It has to fit an ICS M4. I am not a trigger happy person. Also it has to have a mini connector. Would a 8.4v 1600 MaH last me a day? What should i go for?

Thanks
    Mezza

Re: Batterys

That's a better thread mate. Welcome.

Erm, I'd buy two to be safe. As you sound a bit new to the battery scene, I'd go for a 7.4v 2200mAh 25C (or even 30C) as that would easily last a whole day, is the same size as an 8.4v mini (as you've stated), will give better rate of fire and trigger response.

I always recommend lipo to people joining airsoft now.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Re: 8.4v 1600 Last all day - ICS M4

Thanks for helping me out on the other thread. Sorry about that i didn't realise i couldn't do that.

I have heard that a Lipo would damage your gun internally quicker than a normal battery, is that true? All the rest sounds good.

Thanks
      Mezza :D

Comment

Mezza, what you have heard is apparent for an 11.1v lipo.

The only way that will damage your gun is because the piston is likely to strip quicker. Good piston = no problem.

A 7.4 battery gives a similar rate of fire to a 9.6v battery, which many people use in an ICS M4 anyway.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

LiPo's can cause damage if your wiring isn't up to the job (I think anyway, feel free to correct me on that).

I use an 8.4v 1600mAh on my G36C, and it comfortably lasts a day, but then I don't hold the trigger much.

I've got a spare just in case, and I'd advise you to do the same.

Comment

Nah, you've not heard correct on the lipo front then.

A motor will only draw as much current as it needs, as it stands, normal NI-MH is only a bit behind with what it can give to the motor compared to a lipo. But the lipo is the one.

Comment

Many people are converting to lipo but before you buy them check out the cost as you need, batteries, decent charger, balancer (if not included in the battery setup), lipo alarm (good idea to get one) and possibly charging bag, lipo opens up a whole new world of options for guns if your gonna get a 2nd, 3rd etc as you can get a front end and stock you want and the battery will go in the stock so no worries, but it's expensive for a decent set up, if you go with the 8.4v 1600 mah packs then as above has said, get 2 (that's what I do)
              Last edited by Rainbow6; 10 April, 2011, 19:17. Reason: Spelling
              sigpic

Comment

A 7.4 lipo would be fine, i would like to see the guy who started the lipos will blow your entire village away, but yeah you do need a lipo charger etc really.
                Otherwise 2 nimah batteries will more than see you fine.

Comment

I have 1500 mah 8.4v mini in my TM Recoil G36k and used it all saturday, not even a hint that its low. But i have a spare anyways. They are only like £13 so not busting the bank. I chose them over lipo's just because id need all the gear to go with one, and im lazy lol!

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

As said above, a motor can only draw the current it needs. But, the higher the voltage the faster it spins. If you're going for a 7.4v lipo you should have no problems at all in an ICS. I'm running them in my ICS MP5 and there's no problems, despite being high mAh/high C ones that can deliver very high peak currents.

Lipos can explode, to say they can't is wrong, but you do really have to abuse them. The pictures below show the result of leaving a lipo powered phone in the 50 degree heat of a Mediterranean day!

sigpic

Comment

On the wrong adapter i bet, but as with all things READ THE INSTRUCTIONS and there wont be any A-bombs going off in your room.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

meriman101 Find out more about meriman101
                      Working...
                      X