Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

how good are/easy to install mosftets? burst wizards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: how good are/easy to install mosftets? burst wizards?

Out of interest, is there a 'fet that can be programmed to leave the spring pre-compressed so the gun fires with an instantaneous response in semi the same as the PSG1?

Obviously, in a gun without a working forward assist, it would also have to be able to decompress it as well.
    sigpic

Comment

Yes but I can't remember who makes it...lol...

I know what a tease...lol.
      Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

A sensored controller could do it - one which senses the position of the piston or sector gear. You'd need a strong sector gear and/or piston rack, though, and an ARL would be a must-have.

Perhaps the next advance for AEGs would be "self-cocking springers" - A spring gun with a motor to recock it. Would be great for when your battery dies - it could be manually cocked like any other springer.

Comment

Like I said above, its the AWS scorpion with the precocking mode. It has all the features of the ASCU with better parts and more features, as well as an open source ethic and amazing support.

Comment

I'm going too pee on your parade here Midas ;p

Only joking, but what you said about the trigger response on he ASCU is wrong. When you tried mine it was the 10.8 at fault. It's slower on full auto than an 8.4 mini. I tried a mates 11.1 and it was immensely fast on singles. Another issue is my trigger. The reason you can't pull it fast is down to the straight trigger. The trigger pull is far more than the standard trigger. Over twice the pull infact.

I wouldn't recommend one Robin unless you have a good motor. It needs to have very strong magnets so that you don't get overspin and reverse spin. A clone ultra torque will do the job nicely. They shouldn't be that hard to fit. Midas had a hard job with mine as my gun didn't want to play nice. It decided that it liked workin outside my gun. But not when in the receiver. Midas got it fixed though and it's been great. I would really advice speaking to someone who has one setup nicely. As I said my trigger isn't the best fit and I only have in hand to test a 10.8 faulty battery. Or an 8.4

Comment

In reality, if I do go for an ASCU, with that much money being spent then a bit more for a new motor isn't the world biggest problem.
              sigpic

Comment

Indeed. I bought a Magnum for mine. I know they have there issues, but a new pinion is £10. Whereas the motor and ASCU were well over £150 for the two. So £10 didn't really interest me.

I'm just uploading another video of the 8.4v trigger response. I did try the 10.8v but it died. I can upload that too if you like and then you'll see what the ASCU does when you have a drained battery.

Comment

Sorry about the crappy sound. I held my phone too close. But as you see you can pull the trigger as fast as it cycles. With an 11.1v cycling it faster, you'll be able to pull the trigger faster.

View My Video

Comment

Mmmmmmmmmm
                    sigpic

Comment

And here's what happens when you run out of juice. It also cuts off the power to lipo's to keep them at a safe voltage.

View My Video

Comment

ive had an ascu and they are brilliant, it had wicked trigger response on even an 8.4v, 7.4v was even better, didnt try anything bigger, The ascu coupled with a Ultra torque motor (shs for me) is nothing short of systematic!!!! lol

Also got a brand new one in the packet for sale, only opened for pics. PM me with an offer if you like.
                        sigpic

Comment

Going back to the burst wizaed, my local site has just got some in and apparently they are a new design.
                          I tried 1 in a hire gun and it seemed good for the 3 round burst and trigger response was good.
                          The single shot time delay sniper mode was crap though.
                          Im going to go for a burst wizard and change the connectors to deans

Originally posted by Metalbody
                          pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

Hunter, if indeed it was your battery, I didn't have much time as we were on a very very tight programme...Thurseday and the gun was needed for the weekend...lol. If they do indeed respond to higher voltages then I can't recommend them enough, they should be awsome.

Robin, you don't have to go with a Systema motor any of the clone torque ones will be more than happy to give you excellent trigger response.

I will also agree that any of the AWS products are excellent too.
                            Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Indeed. Time was rather short. It definately was the battery mate. I haven't used the 10.8v at all. And it's flat. Considering you charged it what 2-3 weeks ago. It shouldn't have ran itself flat already. Not from just sitting there. I used the 8.4v all day on the Sunday and it's still got juice left now. When i pick up a new charger i'll cycle the 10.8v a few time and see if i can get it to work properly. Failing that i'll see if i can rob my mates lipo to do a test vid.

Comment

The voltage tolerance on them should be limited only by the regulator which supplies the microcontroller. Most MOSFETs are OK to 30V and beyond.
                                e.g. IRL1404ZS -
                                VDSS ( the voltage across the device) = 40V
                                ID (the current it can take) = 75A (40A if the gate voltage is 5V)

That said, the mic2954 regulator can take 30V and output 5V.

So MOSFET units like the Extreme Fire SW computer (where those part numbers come from) should be able to handle up to 30V. The current, though might be a problem that high.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ElZer0 I was born, stuff happend Find out more about ElZer0
                                Working...
                                X