text alerts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• text alerts

are we able set it up to have text alerts from the classifeds here,as i been missing some great bargains lately
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Re: text alerts

You can subscribe to the classified forums, this should give you e-mails for it, then you can set your phone up to poll for e-mails on your account on a set interval? (phone dependent?)

Comment

This would be sweet. I want to be able to subscribe to a search field as well...
      Any time anything involving the letters "vsr" come up in the classifieds section, I want a text!! I missed out on an m40a3 stock recently, and i nearly kicked my frickin laptop through my tv.
      Bust a move.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue9 View Post
        This would be sweet. I want to be able to subscribe to a search field as well...
        Any time anything involving the letters "vsr" come up in the classifieds section, I want a text!! I missed out on an m40a3 stock recently, and i nearly kicked my frickin laptop through my tv.
        Not sure you could do this, the server would have to constantly poll new threads for those words, and then send an e-mail... on a per user basis, it wouldn't last long. If you subscribed to the forum and then set an e-mail filter to check for VSR and move to a diff. folder maybe?

Comment

Hmm, possibly. I'm not keen on subscribing to a whole thread though. Only one in 100 posts that go up every day actually involves something I want, so I'd get a ton of crap, and i may miss out on messages from zi i actually need!
          Ah well, ill keep on trawlin' !
          Bust a move.

sigpic

Comment

I wanted to do this a while back to get texts when I receive pm's etc, but I was told it won't/can't be done. Not really an issue anyway I was just being fussy as Facebook does it etc lol.

Comment

That combined with all the other alerts I get, I think my phone would just be constantly emmitting a monotone beep...

Comment

Originally posted by anthonyyoungs1989 View Post
                I wanted to do this a while back to get texts when I receive pm's etc, but I was told it won't/can't be done. Not really an issue anyway I was just being fussy as Facebook does it etc lol.
                If you buy the Tapatalk app (droid and iPhone) then you get a notification whenever you get a PM, if that helps?

Comment

Originally posted by BringOnThunder View Post
                  If you buy the Tapatalk app (droid and iPhone) then you get a notification whenever you get a PM, if that helps?
                  Yeah I have that app i've just never ever used it lol. Might look into it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sparrowhawk Find out more about sparrowhawk
                  Working...
                  X