SL-9..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SL-9..?

i am planning on converting my TM G36C into an SL-9 but i would like some opinions
    what do you personaly think of this?
    cheers

Re: SL-9..?

i love the sl9

its a nice gun - a tm base will be a sound platform to build on

though i believe that the body kit would be a bit creaky. you could buy a ca or star (?) sl9 and put tm internals into it.

mac
    Originally posted by Coz
    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

I would say why not save up the extra it would cost to make one and get a STAR/CA one as they aren't too bad from what i have heard (have seen a STAR one in action and it wasn't too bad).

Though if you want to make a whole project of it then i say go for it, but be prepared to spend quite sometime and money into it.

'FireKnife'
      68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
      Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

I own a CA8-2, see my "armoury" album for pics and that. Damn fine gun. The stock is comfy, and the "hole" grip is really nice to use; your hand just falls into place over it. With a TM base, a conversion into an SL9 will give you a really nice gun.

Comment

Blackout is my brother The SL-9 is a project gun, just the PSG-1 is.

Because the SL-9 from the conversion kit will have full auto on it, it'll be restricted to 350FPS at our site because it'll be an AEG and not a sniper rifle.

He'll have to put a tightbore barrel in it and get it up to 350 FPS. That'll pretty much be everything. Well, that and a decent scope.

Comment

It would be good to see decent TM internals, maybe with a higher FPS spring, a tightbore and maybe some metal bushings inside of a SL-9.

Or maybe you could go the other route and have a SL-8, weird looking things they are.

'FireKnife'
            Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

I'm tempted to agree with Fireknife on this one! The STAR/CAs are good pieces of kit - had a CA one myself and it was a great AEG.
              WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

Well as you only need it to do 350fps max then you wont really need to overhaul the gearbox too much, the standard internals from STAR / CA / TM seem more than happy to cope with 350fps.

Though i did see a semi only STAR one with 425fps coming out of it on a 90% stock gearbox, don't know if it still works to this day though.

'FireKnife'

Comment

Aye

My brother has a TM G36C and because I'm the tech guy around my house, I'd be taking out the hop up, barrel and gearbox parts and placing them into the SL-9.

Like I said, a tightbore barrel, a nice scope and getting it up to 350 FPS will make it a cracking bit of kit. It wouldn't be able to match my PSG-1, but it'd get some good distance and power from it, plus it'd look stunning.

Comment

problem is though i wouldnt mind saving up an extra £80 to put towards a Star SL9 but it wouldnt have TM internals, but if i just upgraded my g36c to a sl9 itll have TM internals and wouldnt need much upgrading from that

Comment

TM internals, in my opinion are the best going anyway. You don't need Star internals.

Comment

For stock guns i agree that TM internals are best, but if you really have the cash then find the best of each component on offer and build a very custom gearbox for it.

Now that would be a hell of a thing to see, SL-9 with a completely overhauled, stripped and redesigned gearbox for maximum performance.

But if anyone has the money to spare for that then good luck.

'FireKnife'

Comment

think im gonna go ahead and get the sl9

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Blackout Find out more about Blackout
                          Working...
                          X