What RIS will go on my ICS M4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What RIS will go on my ICS M4?

So anything that's a free floating RiS, no matter what make, will fit on it?

Or, if I put a G&P delta ring on it, I could put a cheapo RiS like a d boys RiS on it?
    Or did you say I had to get a new outer barrel too?
    Recoils: TM MK18 / TM Recce / TM G36K / TM AK102
    Rifles: G&P LMT MRP
    Shotguns: TM M870 / TM M3 / G&P Sheriff 870 / Madbul AGX Tan
    Pistols: TM; Sig P226, Hi Capa Extreme x2, 1911 MEU / KWA; USP.45, M226, Glock 26, USP-c x2 / KJW 1911

Comment

Originally posted by Half Trigger View Post
      So anything that's a free floating RiS, no matter what make, will fit on it?

Or, if I put a G&P delta ring on it, I could put a cheapo RiS like a d boys RiS on it?
      Or did you say I had to get a new outer barrel too?
      Not sure about the first question.

But the second, put a G&P or whatever delta ring and front retaining ring on you want, if you know X RIS will fit G&P delta ring then happy days.
      G&P handguards are a few mm too long for the ICS anyway, however the ICS outer barrel can be lengthened or shortened to a degree to fit other makes, im not talking M16 handguards, just that few mm it takes to mount the G&P handguard.

Comment

Re: What RIS will go on my ICS M4?

Delta ring is a must for other make RIS systems, outer barrel isn't a must if you buy the ICS CQB barrel (MA-83) because that is not threaded, therefore, you can put it at different lengths on the ICS barrel stalk thing.

But basically, if you have the standard ICS barrel, another make RIS will not fit between the delta ring and the front sight post. there will be a few mm difference.

Edit: Tisane is right, it is the ICS RIS that is short, so you may be able to change how far threaded on the last part of the ICS barrel is to accommodate the extra length

If I were you I'd buy MA-83 and stick it on how you want. Just don't fiddle with it too much as the threads are a bit pants in my experience, can burr them easily.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

chillsie Find out more about chillsie
        Working...
        X