red dot sight help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• red dot sight help

i was thinking about getting a red dot sight for my mp5, but i don't know what one is good for the money you're spending, so if you could give me some advice on which ones are good then i'll greatly appreciate it.

Re: red dot sight help

I have used one of the King Arms 1x30's before and they weren't bad at all.

But i did get it second hand so can vouch for how much they cost.

For this i would recommend a higher cost model, not due to the internal design but i have seen some cheap ACM ones shatter lenses and dent rather too easily.

'FireKnife'
    68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
    Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

fire knifes right G&P are quite good i think not to dear either. but as for the lense if you dont protect it with somthing then it would only take 1 unlucky shot and the lense could brake no matter what the make is.
      Team Ghost

Comment

id say exactly what fireknife said apart from some ACM ones are quite good i think

Comment

I am not saying that it's not a bad thing to get ACM some of the stuff isn't bad at all but it just seems, from previous skirmish experiences with mates ACM Red-dots, that they seem to make the front lense a bit less resilient.

But if you have the cash for a red-dot then KA or G&P won't put you wrong, if not then ACM but don't expect it to do wonders everytime.

Also remeber, as a final point, to stock up on batteries for them, mine seemed to only last between 2-3 days and that was through light use, or it might just be me.

'FireKnife'
          Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

what batteries do they use? i totally forgot. Also what are your views on the "NCS 1x45 Red Dot with Flip-Up Covers" that zero one sells?

Comment

Depends on the model, some can take regular AAA's where as the common sizes are the little disc shaped ones about 1-2cm wide. Some take a few of those in a small gap for them.

Try to see which ones they need before you buy so you know what to get.

'FireKnife'

Comment

I had an ACM one and it did indeed shatter with the first BB that came at it (from nearly point blank mind you). Perfomance wise though it really was faultless and up untill it bit the dust. Get a polycarb shield for which ever one you get, if only for peice of mind.
                "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

i was thinking of getting the "King Arms Red/Green Dual Dot Sight with 20mm Mount" for £49.99, is that a good one to get?

Comment

Originally posted by makamiso View Post
                    what batteries do they use? i totally forgot. Also what are your views on the "NCS 1x45 Red Dot with Flip-Up Covers" that zero one sells?
                    I had one and sold it as I found it to be too big. 45mm is huge when you're used to 30mm. Plus as well I didnt think it was particularly well made at all.
                    WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

yes m8 nice little sight that actualy and pimping with the changing coulors lol but like said above my post it is quite large but thats up to you buddy.
                      Team Ghost

Comment

is the King Arms Red/Green Dual Dot Sight with 20mm Mount a 1x30 or a 1x45?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

makamiso Find out more about makamiso
                        Working...
                        X