Collapse

Biggest waste of money on airsoft item?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Biggest waste of money on airsoft item?

Originally posted by Jabba View Post
    Oh, and cheap Binatone 550 Terrain radios. Bargain and decent range but nigh impossible to find compatible headsets where the vox function works.
    had the same problem but then a local electronic shop got some in that r compatible

The Impossible i can do, Miracles take slightly longer .
    But all problems are solved with a brew and a fag.

Comment

Galaxy MP7. What a waste of £60. Thankfully the shop gave me a full refund.

Comment

• That little shop in Camden were given a G&P M203, TM M4 and a G&P metal body (USMC) and asked to join them together. Ended up with a metal SR25 body that doesn't feed properly and is neigh on impossible to put a battery in, an M203 in a box and a lighter wallet....go figure...

That was probably my biggest single waste of money.

Comment

G& p eotech !!!! What a piece of shit for the money it costs . Reflects like hell and the optics and dot are crap . Brought a g& g one for a third of the price and it's so much better and has quick release mounting

Comment

Have brought second hand guns of this and other forums and they always need work as some shithead has either half upgraded them and left the standard bearings an gears in on their last legs but spent loads on the bits you don't need . Sniper rifles are the worst offenders with a powerfull spring and standard trigger an sears left in . Or the best one was a vsr with a jg hop bogged into it firing at 500fps but couldn't hit anything further than 30 foot with any accuracy. And the guy wanted big money for it as well . !!! When will people learn that if upgrade parts are fitted it will break the other standard parts v quickly unless you do it properly !!!! Whinge over!!!!!

Comment

Everything I buy breaks.

Yet I still love airsoft.

Anyone know of an airsoft anonymous group? I think I need help.
              Buy my stuff!

Comment

• My a&k acr used once and sold it gutted
                Originally posted by bulldoguk
                Short barreled version so I can class it as a CQB right?
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]75861[/ATTACH]

Comment

Classic Army M24 Sniper Rifle.

Stock internals were crap, so replaced them with PDI ones and Laylax Zero trigger.
                  Couldn't get any consistency out of it so it got a full set of Laylax PSS2 internals including aero chamber.

Still shit even after all that so it's Currently a £1500+ wall hanger....

Comment

i bought a SW-10 basically a VSR off action hobbies for £50(random QT found faults so they really dropped the price) i thought yeah im an engineer i can fix it up....i couldnt spent about 3 weeks polishing the bolt housing of burrs after the bolt got scored to buggery, then bought a tube of metal polish to clean the bolt then found out it was plastic, then had to grind down some of the screws because they where to long and where catching on the moving parts, then i found that the rifle fires when its knocked safety on or off (still haven't fixed that) and when i thought it was in a usable condition...the mag exploded on me as i was filling it up before the first game !!!

Comment

TM G3, bought it second hand was utterly useless so took it apart to upgrade it. still in bits around my house.
                      AGM M4 never got the bastard firing more than two BB's before it vents the mag
                      D-Boys SCAR ... says it all really

Comment

Classic army sportline m4.
                        Came with dodgy wiring so had to have that replaced. The receiver broke, had to replace that. Then when i get the new receiver the threading on it was off. The rail system was just utter shite, had to replace that.
                        So yeah, never again to a buy a CA sportline.

Comment

KJW Sig P226 - never managed to get through a full mag, even in summer.
                          KJW USP Compact - Horrible plasticy piece of sh*t that never worked.
                          PTS Masada - piled hundreds of pounds into it and never performed aswell as it should, my stock ICS MP5 wiped the floor with it... it did look lovely though

Oh, TMC clothing is gash too. The colours are alwful and last two minutes. They also rip for fun. Ive now learnt that buying genuine clothing is a lot cheaper in the long run.

Comment

My Classic Army XM177e2

- Bought being told it had been rebuilt and had brand new internals...

Every gear was stripped
                            75% of the piston teeth were stripped
                            The wiring was taped every inch from being spliced and general poor maintenance
                            Every O-ring seal had perished
                            The front sight was snapped
                            Every screw threaded

Biggest pile of crap ever. Rebuilt it with new parts but non of it ever worked without constant revision - £300 wasted.

Comment

My first 2 purchases of "higher end" airsoft guns, a ICS M16A3 and VFC SCAR-L, both were £100 and £200 more expensive than my first gun, TM P90, but neither performed anywhere near as well. Both have now been sold on yet I still have the P90, and have started using a DE M56DL as a main instead!

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmithy View Post
                                So far, almost everything i own. Everything seems to be going wrong for me and day by day i get increasingly closer to giving up airsoft altogether. I've had guns sent in for work constantly, i look after them but it all seems so unreliable. I'm talking G&P and VFC, not your average chinasoft.
                                i find my chinasoft stuff has lasted without fault for years and years whereas the fancy expensive stuff has issues every few months, need upgrades etc etc

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Skolob View Post
                                Anything by Ares. Top notch looking kit, performs well, but once somethng goes wrong that isn't a generic part they leave you high and dry. New l85 cut off lever as your has a tiny it of wear, that'll be £100 for a whole new gearbox, please bend over an accept this shafting.
                                whenever stuff in my l85 breaks i just ask ares nicely and they ship me the parts :D - bastard thing wont fire properly tho and iv run out of ideas about how to solve it :/

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

cactus Im a newbie to airsoft, But I do enjoy it. :) Find out more about cactus
                                Working...
                                X