parkour + airsoft: any benefits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parkour + airsoft: any benefits?

In my spare time as well as being an airsoft enthusiast i spend a fair bit of time out with mates doing some parkour (running up walls, climbing things for no apparent reason, vaulting over fences etc.) and i was wondering, say i was airsofting light with only my pistol would any of what i do come in use for woodland game? For example some fancy dives behind cover and so on? or would it be pointless added effort?

Re: parkour + airsoft: any benefits?

Airsoft = playing toy soldiers. So yeah, jumping into cover could actually be very beneficial. Especially so, considering you've got the time between the round being fired, and hitting you, to move - which is a lot longer than anything in reality.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

i'd say it'd be pointless, you never know what you're going to land on. when I had my accident back in january i was less than 4 inches away from landing on a very sharp bit of flint.
      The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

Id say pointless and dangerous

what if you jump about like a fool and land on one of them small branches that stick out of the ground,just think of the amount of damage they could do to your insides.

If anything free running would be most usefull in a fibua setting, maybe cqb

Comment

Originally posted by Stones View Post
          i'd say it'd be pointless, you never know what you're going to land on. when I had my accident back in january i was less than 4 inches away from landing on a very sharp bit of flint.
          you've got a point there, i never considered anything like that but i think I'l give the diving idea a pass. vaulting behind cover may possibly speed up getting behind cover and that idea isn't so risky.

EDIT: Unless i land on someone the other side...

Comment

This sounds a mint idea! My two favorite things!... airsoft and people falling over!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BringOnThunder View Post
              This sounds a mint idea! My two favorite things!... airsoft and people falling over!
              plenty to look foreward to then

Comment

Originally posted by BringOnThunder View Post

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
                pahaha!

Parkour n airsoft mixing? i dont see it, Parkour though is just good for your fitness n general ability of getting over things

so in the sense of jumping over a small wall etc yeah there is an advantage as youll be able to vault it with ease over someone who doesnt know or do parkour.

Comment

I'd push the boat out by saying the active 'moves' as such aren't useful, but the passive balance, fitness and agility improvements you'll pick up by practicing parkour outside of the playing field will be a great help.

In my spare time, I'm an endurance cyclist. Doesn't mean I should turn up to my woodland site on a bike and attempt drive-bys, but it's helpful knowing I can sprint for a longer period of time than your average player to get out of (or into) trouble.

Comment

Yeah, suppose I actually didn't think about health and safety before I typed.... hang on, to hell with H&S!

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Perhaps when Brink decides to do a live action promotion they can hire you

Comment

I've been a traceur for about 6 years or so, lost count now and sadly alot of the things I've learned are wasted on airsoft. Primary problems? Most sites are completely devoid of obstacles which give you even the remotest of tactical advantage. Also many sites are so run down that you don't really want to try anything, as the surfaces are near breaking point. Finally, parkour with kit on is difficult as stuff gets snagged, caught etc and you can't really get away with training in kit to get used to it, because police move you on as it is. If they see a guy ninja-ing in a tac vest, you'll get the anti-terrorist squad on your back -_-

I wouldn't really actively think of combining the two though. If you train parkour, you'll see the possible routes naturally. Just take it steady and be sensible and as ever remember your limits! If you need any advice on anything parkour wise, just give me a shout, am more than happy to help

Comment

ive done a bit of parkour and you use your hands alot when landing so if you did it probably you would end up breaking your pistol or breaking something your self while trying to avoid breaking your pistol
                          Traded with me? please leave feedback as will I http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=104161

Comment

I've used various vaulting & climbing techniques. Getting up buildings from the outside and shooting the occupants waiting for people to come up the stairs is hilarious (yes the site allowed it, don't worry) also general getting over obstacles etc.

Comment

I think PK would probably have more application in Woodland and other outdoor environments, to be honest. In my experience, CQB areas tend to be designed without dynamic movement in mind - I often entertain the idea of using traceur skills to get around or conceal myself; i.e - vaulting/climbing over obstacles, climbing up in areas normally inaccessible in order to ambush someone, and the like, but a lot of the time, doing so might be deemed unfair or at least, against the ethos of the site (climbing up or over a wall that's supposed to represent a roof high obstacle, etc).

I think you just need to find a balance really, and as always in the world of parkour - make sure that what you're about to do is more likely safe than not... I know there's a lot of branches, obstacles and mock-up terrain pieces out there that aren't quite as weight-bearing as they look.
                              Kechi.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

omnomnom Find out more about omnomnom
                              Working...
                              X