The Red Tape Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Red Tape Challenge

Not sure how many people are aware of this but the Government is running a program over the next two years to look at current regulations and see if they can be improved by merging, scrapping, simplifying or having additions made to them. As part of this they have set up a website where people can put forward their views and comments on the current regulations which will then be used by ministers to decide whether or not to make changes, with a default presumption being on getting rid of burdensome regulations.

The first set of regulations being looked at relate to retail and they include the VCRA. So if you have any views on how it could be changed for the good of airsoft and the airsoft community then you should head over to http://www.redtapechallenge.cabineto...tricted-goods/ and make yourself heard.

Re: The Red Tape Challenge

That comment box is so small it's blimmen impossible to write anything good. Might type something up & copy+paste.

Comment

writing my angry rant now

Comment

Originally posted by Chopa17 View Post
        writing my angry rant now
        An angry rant is a bad idea that reinforces the stereotype that RIFs could be bought by people likely to use them in the wrong circumstances, any arguments put forth should be in a calm and considered manner if you want your points to be recognised

Originally posted by -=256=-Swerve
        You've seen the photos, he's a little stem of grass whistling in the wind, couldn't threaten the skin off a rice pudding.
        Kid has issues

Comment

Originally posted by Robin-Hood View Post
          That comment box is so small it's blimmen impossible to write anything good. Might type something up & copy+paste.
          You know you CAN make the box larger?
          There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Good, now I have a place to direct my intelligent arguments for most everything.
            Let's hope to god 4chan doesn't hear of this.
            I can smell the trolls a mile away ¬¬

Comment

Originally posted by baffled.orange View Post
              An angry rant is a bad idea that reinforces the stereotype that RIFs could be bought by people likely to use them in the wrong circumstances, any arguments put forth should be in a calm and considered manner if you want your points to be recognised
              No the angry rant is based on reasonable points and encompassed in a sensible, reasonable argument. It's just nice to finally moan about the VCRA.

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
                You know you CAN make the box larger?
                I could be wrong but I think he was talking about the box being too small to allow you to easily review what you've already written, rather than it being too small to write more than 2 lines.

Comment

I like the fact that there's people who share my view on the firearms laws.

Comment

Originally posted by Fil View Post
                    I could be wrong but I think he was talking about the box being too small to allow you to easily review what you've already written, rather than it being too small to write more than 2 lines.
                    That's exactly what I meant.

Comment

I think its great we can air our thoughts on the subject, get some facts and figures on there as well to show airsoft rifles are not the demon involved in gun crime.
                      I am a little worried though there will be an influx of kids saying how much they love airsoft and want the age limit dropped so they can buy guns, that Im afraid would have a negative effect.
                      Also how many 'anti-anything remotely fun' or 'anti anything that shoots something more than a foot at 2FPS' are putting their 2 pence worth on there with quite possibly false statistics, we know they do it. M.A.Gs did it a few years back with an airsoft rifle, according to them an engineer had made one fire real ammunition so they must be banned, strangely when asked where the evidence was or the where the person was that did it, they went quiet.
                      section 24 of the 1968 Act
                      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                        I am a little worried though there will be an influx of kids saying how much they love airsoft and want the age limit dropped so they can buy guns, that Im afraid would have a negative effect.
                        Surely if somebody under the age of 18 can prove their entitlement to own the RIF, prove that they intend to use it only for skirmishing then i don't see why the age limit should not be lowered or removed entirely. The sale of RIFs should be down to how capable you are of using it safely and responsibly, not simply age.

I do not see how somebody who is 17 and 364 days old is less capable of using a RIF in a responsible manner than somebody 24 hours older than them.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                          I think its great we can air our thoughts on the subject, get some facts and figures on there as well to show airsoft rifles are not the demon involved in gun crime.
                          Also how many 'anti-anything remotely fun' or 'anti anything that shoots something more than a foot at 2FPS' are putting their 2 pence worth on there with quite possibly false statistics, we know they do it. M.A.Gs did it a few years back with an airsoft rifle, according to them an engineer had made one fire real ammunition so they must be banned, strangely when asked where the evidence was or the where the person was that did it, they went quiet.
                          Is that mothers against guns or something?
                          Also there was a case on the news in America, showing how gunsmiths from colt (I think) tried to convert a GBBR to take live rounds and couldn't, so if a professional company can't do it...

Also it occurred to me that if the two tone laws were to be scrapped, would we get an orange tip system like America? I wouldn't want that tbh, and would rather stick with the current one, albeit fixed.

Comment

This can only be a bad thing.... in most cases

Comment

While the VCRA is a pain in the arse, I think it's a case of "better the devil you know".

A Tory government isn't going to do anything to make it easier to buy a RIF or get a firearms certificate.

And TBH I'd be happy to have the hassle of proving I am a regular skirmisher if it means I can still buy RIF's, as opposed to having someone take a look at the VCRA and see all the loop holes in the current system that we as airsoft players have either mocked or exploited and then that same person decides the law needs changing and it becomes nigh on impossible to but any airsoft gun ever again.

Maybe I'm looking at it from too negative a perspective but I'd rather keep my exceptions low on this, then I'll be less disappointed.
                              It will take less bullets to kill him now than if we wait for him to turn into a zombie.

The elderly. They seem nice enough, but can they really be trusted ?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Fil Find out more about Fil
                              Working...
                              X