Really low profile full face mask

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really low profile full face mask

Does anyone know a fairly cheap, low profile face mask, so i can still look through a sniper scope?

I prefere full fask masks, so i need to find a full face mask that will still let me use a sniper scope.

(i also didn't know where to put this)

So does anyone know anything?
    Or have got one, that they'd sell for £15 posted?
    (this is a buying or selling thread) I just need information on what to get!

Cheers
    TM VSR-10 GSPEC
    Originally posted by aeviv
    I once saw a guy LITERALLY club a tree with his G36C, not a mark on it

Re: Really low profile full face mask

If you contact "HeroShark" on here or arnies, he makes custom carbon fibre masks (like mine!).

Not budget price exactly, but very good value, and should not break the bank. That way you can get something perfect and comfortable.

Comment

It would need to be shop bought so it has a safety rating on it else my site wouldn't approve, sorry.
      TM VSR-10 GSPEC

Comment

Surly it's only the eye protection that needs to be rated?

Comment

Yes, it's full face protection then it will need a safety rating.
          TM VSR-10 GSPEC

Comment

Tr4shed - I get your point bud, BUT, I really doubt you'll find anything better than carbon fibre. It's much stronger than ABS, and has give in it so rather than just shock, some of the BB's power is absorbed.

Also, store bought in airsoft doesn't mean you'll get a legitimate safety rating. As far as most sites and airsofters in general are concerned, the best safety test is your own; 350fps AEG on full auto from point blank, and a 500fps Single Action Rifle from 1 or 2 meters away.

mj23lj
            Trader Feedback:
            New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
            Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Comment

I found a mesh mask at my local market, ill try that cheers for the help, very usefull.
              TM VSR-10 GSPEC

Comment

Originally posted by Tr4shed View Post
                I found a mesh mask at my local market
                For the love of god don't use something you picked up in the local market if you have any desire to keep both your eyes!

Woven mesh (even on proper airsoft masks) is stupidly weak. For mesh, stamped steel is the best option. Or ballistic rated glasses, if you prefer shades.

Comment

Get a set of Bolle glasses, £20-£30, but thats ALOT cheaper than new eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisn92 View Post
                    Get a set of Bolle glasses, £20-£30, but thats ALOT cheaper than new eyes.
                    WELL SAID. I was just about to post another rant about eye protection but you've summed up my argument there
                    G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                    RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Don't do mesh. BB's can and do shatter on impact leading to a rather visually uninteresting life thereafter...

Comment

As i have encountered. Me and my mates were playing around on a farm shooting at each other, i got shot in the forehead by a hot MP5, shooting at just over 400fps and it went straight through my mask, which was meant to withstand upto 500fps. So DONT DO MESH!!!

Comment

Tokyo Marui Pro goggles. £26 depending on where you look.
                          "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

Fragmentation is not such an issue, it is the gaps that appear in woven mesh. If you want to avoid glasses (main reason being fogging issues) then stamped steel.

Recommend Bitter End Goggles very highly!

Comment

"Recommend Bitter End Goggles very highly!"

+1 - I wouldn't use anything else now...

And Tr4shed - To go from saying you need something with a safety rating to using some random mesh goggles from your local market is a pretty big leap. Not really practicing what you preach there buddy...
                              Trader Feedback:
                              New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
                              Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Tr4shed Find out more about Tr4shed
                              Working...
                              X