Cheap Light Sticks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Light Sticks.

While out doing some shopping today I ventured into a new Poundland thats appeared where their used to be Virgin Megastore and found these.

Pound for two, seam nice and bright got one going know to test duration. All the ones they had are yellow, don't know about other colours. At the price you might aswell grab a handfull.

Edit: Mods not sure where to post this so if you think it belongs somewhere else please move. Cheers.
    The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Re: Cheap Light Sticks.

That's not bad. You can also buy a pack of 10 on the bay of e for £6 just FYI for anyone interested though you have to pay shipping as well.

Comment

Yep, been using poundland glowsticks for when we go night kayaking (attached to the rear of the kayak) so the people behind can always see our location, have to say for the price im certainly not complaining.
      Roses are red,
      Violets are blue,
      In soviet russia,
      Poem reads you!

Comment

Yup I got mine from the same shop, the packs I got had 3 in, and they had a range of different colours, not bad for the price.

Comment

Nice, my high street has something like 20 £1 shops, so time to do a bit of shopping

Comment

What is the generally accepted way of carrying these? I was going to add one of those spilt rings off a keyring to the end with the hole and hang them off a caribina. I've bought a bunch to try and replicate the guy in the 1st pic
            http://milfreak.wordpress.com/2010/0...con-loadout-2/
            (Don't think that's breaking forum rules as there's nothing for sale on there)
            I've seen them threaded through the loops on a Molle vest but last time I tried that I nearly lost my airsoft knife!

Comment

I have a couple in my molle loops.
              With the foil they are fat enough to stay put.
              Just remember not to take them out of the foil unless you plan on using them, as although not broken i believe over time they will loose there glow.

Comment

Yeah, it did say that on the packets to be fair, mine are just for looks really but if you do want to use them it makes sense to keep them in the packs, it's just mine say something camp like "Party, Disco Rave!" On them :-)

Comment

They degrade from exposure to light so if you leave them somewhere dark out of their packets they should be okay too.

Comment

Out of interest what do you guys use these for? I have found they are not bright enough to light anything and can only really be used for marking rooms etc.

Comment

Crack it chuck it into a dark room lights the room up before you have even entered said room.
                      Depends how big and how good they are as to how well they light up the room, oh and how big the room is.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul 8v View Post
                        mine say something camp like "Party, Disco Rave!" On them :-)
                        Oh nice, you got the Military spec ones then

Comment

Originally posted by BringOnThunder View Post
                          Out of interest what do you guys use these for? I have found they are not bright enough to light anything and can only really be used for marking rooms etc.
                          We used IR & regular ones in the night game at NAE last year. Also used them to mark things etc, partly just for looks.

Comment

I've used the exact same ones, only bought at Wilkinsons, and they are fantastic. I'd love to get some in bulk orders.
                            BARON VON TWO-TONE AT YOUR SERVICE

PM me if you're selling Two Tone Stuff

Comment

Originally posted by grey View Post
                              Oh nice, you got the Military spec ones then
                              Damn right, the USMC love a party/disco/rave!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BigAl Find out more about BigAl
                              Working...
                              X