Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&p m16vn/m16a1

'Ello chaps!

Just a quickie, does anybody know if theres any significant difference between the G&P M16VN and the G&P M16A1? The only difference I can see is the flash hider? Are there any other differences?

Seeing as Im gagging for some 'namsoft, which would be more accurate to get? Or does it not really matter in the grand scheme of things?

Also how do they handle? Ive never owned or even seen a G&P gun before, what are they like?

Re: G&p m16vn/m16a1

Flash Hider, as you said.

Also, the difference between the VN and A1 is there isn't any forward assist catch on the VN.

I'm not too sure if there was a finger groove in the pistol grip on the A1, but its there on the A2.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
      Also how do they handle? Ive never owned or even seen a G&P gun before, what are they like?
      Bulleh awshum. Go buy. Now.

Comment

The receiver is different.

The VN doesn't have the forward assist or the lump/line thing bellow the ejector port and round the mag release. Can't remember what it's called.

Comment

Ah good glad to see there is more of a difference, from the tiny crap photos on the site you cant really tell :C

Time to start saving my pennies! D:

Comment

If you want super awesome MILSIM accuracy and things like trademarks matter to you then go for the VN :p

Comment

photos of both in here
              http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=107388
              Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Originally posted by Robin-Hood View Post
                If you want super awesome MILSIM accuracy and things like trademarks matter to you then go for the VN :p
                Trademarks are of no concern to me, I just want it to look mostly right, avoiding such incidents as "HERP, it shouldnt have a forward assist, youve got the wrong reciever"

Originally posted by johnnyj View Post
                Excellant :D

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
                  "HERP, it shouldnt have a forward assist, youve got the wrong reciever"
                  Hahaha yeah I can understand that.

Comment

From what I've read, the VN is basically the early production version that didn't see much, if any, use in the US army, and the A1 is the later, more commonly used version. The A1 dates from 1967.

Comment

what G&P state as the VN is essentially a Colt 602 Military rifle, Slabsided model, produced for the USAF in 1963, its called a slab sider as there are no "Fences" around the mag release catch or the ejection port, they're not 100% accurate as the hand guards have drain holes in the top and bottom (Ar-15 602's did not have them - to be prefectly correct, get the milliput out)
                      Opinions are like ar**holes, everyone has one.

Usually found being very unimpressed by a lot of players, but gets a pleasant surprise when they actually have a clue on a game day.

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                        Bulleh awshum. Go buy. Now.

This^

Externally they're brilliant.

But internally, they need a few tweaks to run better.

When I bought mine new from a retailer, I had to adjust the motor, new hop up rubber, and clean the gear box . Was worth it though.

Nothing like a new G&P

Comment

Just sold my G&P M16VN, one of my all time favorite guns. I also had to change my hopup rubber, but once done it was awesome.

The differences have been covered above, the VN had a slabe side reciever, where as the A1 had the reciever re-enforced, as well as adding the forward assist and flash hinder. IN teh real steel version there were a couple of internal changes, but that's about it for airsoft.

I perfered the look of the VN, but from what I've read it didn't see much service.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Tiercel Find out more about Tiercel
                          Working...
                          X