Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hop Rubber Degree's Question..

Ok here I am with another question... >.>

I am looking at making a custom 5.1 but I keep noticing alot of the hop rubbers have apparently got different "Degree's"..

Such as 55, 60, 70, 80..

I know only certain hop rubbers will work in certain units but how does this affect anything?

This is probably something simple that I have forgotten but this is me lol..

Halp Plox?

AO/OM Handle - VAMP

Re: Hop Rubber Degree's Question..

A very good question and not one im 100% sure on the answer.

What I *THINK* is the answer is that its differant degrees of hardness of the rubber, with 0 being a jelly and 100 being a brick...

So for a normal AEG around the 330-360 FPS mark a 45-50 degree rubber is reccomended, then for things like DMRs running ar 400-450 FPS youd want something like a 60-70 degree rubber.

I think ROF also comes into the equation as well, as I know the Guarder and Systema 40 degree rubber is advised "for use in high speed set ups".

However Im not entirely sure, thats just what Ive picked up, feel free to correct me if Im wrong.

Comment

Softer rubber is typically more efficient (in the way that you don't need as much hop applied for the same level) and is better suited to lower FPS setups, where as the harder rubber is more durable for high FPS builds.
      Last edited by sj_asc; 30 April, 2011, 00:54.
      dsgdreamteam

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
        What I *THINK* is the answer is that its differant degrees of hardness of the rubber, with 0 being a jelly and 100 being a brick...
        Kind of right. The "jelly" to "brick" range may not be entirely accurate as there are different scales:
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shore_durometer
        The degrees normally relates to IRHD, for which I can't find a wiki article.

Comment

Also temperature and weight of the bb effects different hardnesses differently so its no just as simple as soft for 350 fps. I personally think the hotter the climate the harder the rubber needs to be. Also heavy ammo types seem to require a harder hop rubber too.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Shinotama Human, Mil-Sim Airsofter Find out more about Shinotama
          Working...
          X