What Make is my Docter Red Dot? Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Make is my Docter Red Dot? Help?

Okay, ive had this nagging wonder about my docter red dot, i honestly dont know what make it is, it is full metal, very sturdy and has trademarks on it. Help?

Pics:
    Trademarks On Cover

Back and Right Side -- You can see the flash from my camera in the back of the lens --

Front and Lens

Top of Sight

Right side (Trademarks)

Thanks guys!
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Re: What Make is my Docter Red Dot? Help?

It says on it what make it is. "american defense"

Comment

Originally posted by mack View Post
      It says on it what make it is. "american defense"
      You funny guy

Its most likely ACM as i have seen it before on a 4 letter HK site
      Hate.
      "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

no not ACM. American defense, they make optics, but mostly mounts.
        http://www.dealextreme.com/p/0-08mw-...included-21959

http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin...ay.cgi?cat=161

sorry bout the links, need to prove a point, although as you say it could be a real steel clone

Comment

Doesnt mean squat really, the ACM ones all have trades on them too.
          Those doctor optics are silly expensive for real ones too, even second hand.
          section 24 of the 1968 Act
          Supplying imitation firearms to minors
          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Strange... It looks identical to the NCSTAR Tactical/Micro Red Dot Sight and not a Docter at all... Someone has just put the trades on it, or rebranded it.
            WANTED: KAC QD SUPPRESSOR (long) & AKS-74/AKMS
            After one week with me in my dojo, you'll be prepared to defend yourself with the strength of a grizzly, the reflexes of a puma, and the wisdom of a man.

Comment

http://www.americandefensemfg.com/

surely its american defense, heres a mount from the website with the same logo

Comment

Just because it has trades on it, it doesnt mean its real, these new go for about 350 quid (if you can get it in the country due to American defence and equipment laws, hence RS Eotechs can be tricky to get), second hand they dont loose much value, as the OP hasnt said he paid an arm and a leg for it I assume he paid a sensible amount, which makes it a clone. There is a lot of good ACM clones out there, just look at some of the higher end ACOGs and Eotech clones.
                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I hope this doesn't count as breaking forum rules, as you already own it and aren't looking to buy it (mods remove this if so though), but here's your answer:

http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/9...Dot-scope.html
                  After one week with me in my dojo, you'll be prepared to defend yourself with the strength of a grizzly, the reflexes of a puma, and the wisdom of a man.

Comment

Hey guys it says colt on my 1911 , I think its totally real

Basically what sean said
                    Hate.
                    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

i dont thinks its the last one, judging by the hole at the back on top, probably ACM then. cheers guys.

Comment

What I was basically saying, is that it's just a generic clone one, most probably made in China, probably in the same factory as 90% of replica rebranded red dot/reflex scopes... That's not necessarily a bad thing though.

Comment

I wouldnt worry about it being ACM, at least its good value for money and does exactly what its meant to without the SILLAY pricetag.

Comment

i didnt mean to say that you were wrong, i dont believe that its real, i know its cheaper i was just wondering if it was good/bad make. personally i love the little beast, works great on my KWA G18.

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                              i didnt mean to say that you were wrong, i dont believe that its real, i know its cheaper i was just wondering if it was good/bad make. personally i love the little beast, works great on my KWA G18.
                              Answered your own question my friend, you like it and it works. There is so many clones out there its hard to say which one it is.

@Mack, I had a closer look at the American Defence website, Im not sure if you noticed, but everything with their trademark on it also has "PATENT PENDING MADE IN THE USA" whereas the redot in question doesnt, so its double confirmed a clone, albeit what seems like a good one.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jonny lovegrove Marshal @ ZED Adventures: The Mall - RIP 2018 Find out more about jonny lovegrove
                              Working...
                              X