What are these training guns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are these training guns?

So I happened upon that SAS are you tough enough programme and noticed they were using airsoft guns, or so I thought.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhzvNtRW7Lw&NR=1

They refer to them as paint guns and they sound like they run on gas but seem to be replicas with outwardly conventional magazines. Ayone know anything about them, are they comercially available? Could they be the answer for when air guns finally get outlawed?
    HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Re: What are these training guns?

they are real action markers, they fire paintballs and eject brass shells, search ram paintball for more info
    PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

Watched the video and have to say... I havent got the foggyest!
      My best guess is either Paintball M4s but they arnt shooting paintballs, so they arent shooting anything at all, or they are real steel m4s that are firing blanks but the film crew told you otherwise for some sort of reason (unlikly but probable).
      Other than that im not too sure, i would say real steel with chalk bullets, but theres no chalk resedue on the fatalities. Very strange.
      sigpic
      G&P M16A1, CA XM177, CYMA AKM AIMS, KJW CO2 1911, WELL MP5K GBB, M4 with M203

Comment

yes they do seem to be RAM shell ejecting rifles
        Gangsta lean, it's not all bad...

Comment

Can't edit post as it was too long ago so ignore my first.

BTW if they are RAMs then why arnt there any paintball splatters on any of the fatalities?
          I've been paintballing and was only hit three times, none of those hits exploded so I didnt get any paint on me but it seems increadibly unlikly that none of them on this video failed to explode.
          sigpic

Comment

you can get airsoft RAM guns aswell (i think)

Comment

These are paintball guns. it looks like the gas tank is in the stock, because you can see a gold thread inbetween the stock and the body they sell these guns at www.rap4.com if you wanna check them out or buy one :D.
              Who Dares Wins!

Comment

Originally posted by omgitzjamiiee View Post
                you can get airsoft RAM guns aswell (i think)
                Nice :D
                I would sooooo get one, but it would be just a little out of my price range, :P
                sigpic

Comment

11mm BB's or .43 paint balls

Comment

I take it they're shell ejecting?
                    i Noob Question Alert!
                    Does that mean that each BB is inside a shell and then fired out of that shell? Or are they two different systems that work similatiously?
                    sigpic

Comment

They are probably using rap4 waterballs

Comment

Originally posted by Feenix View Post
                        I take it they're shell ejecting?
                        i Noob Question Alert!
                        Does that mean that each BB is inside a shell and then fired out of that shell? Or are they two different systems that work similatiously?
                        yes they are shell ejecting. and the bb or pball is in the shell but i haven a clue how it works. compressed air by the looks of things. the stock tube is a gas/co2 cylinda of some sort

Comment

Cheers Mini and Jamie it makes sense now. Why couldn't they have just used AEGs to avoid such confusion ;P
                          sigpic

Comment

dont seem to have any ? ? ? ? EYE PROTECTION lol

this looks like alot of fun though

http://www.rap4.com/paintball/news/n...hp?news_id=236
                            sigpic
                            9mm Glock 19, Spikes Armory AR15, Mossberg 12 Gauge 18in The joys of living in the USA

Comment

Else where on the site it mentions rubber training rounds. Now they have gotta hurt!
                              "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Devlin Find out more about Devlin
                              Working...
                              X