FPS/Gearbox/Hop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FPS/Gearbox/Hop

Now this is a random thread not too sure where to put it, after dreaming up some crazy concepts ive decided to engineer something, however, i needs some work with FPS,
    However, i dont have a chrono so i cant undertake the tests i want to,
    therefore im just wondering if anyone else has even got some form of FPS reading at around the 10+ metres mark, and if so what is it?
    If anyone has any results please let me know!
    stage 2; what is the smallest gearbox out there with fully auto capability which parts are readily available for...
    stage3; if a gearbox is mounted sideways, yet a standard M4 hop is mounted to this in its normal vertical position would it still operate normally...
    Any help let me know!
    Regards
    Seb

Re: FPS/Gearbox/Hop

I have no good answers nor nothing to contribute... but...

Sounds like a mental project :D

Originally posted by Lonewolf873
    Mods can you please edit the title to shirt as I'm sure 5.11 don't sell shits.

Comment

probably better to just get a chrono, you'd probably have to know bb weight (which you ought to know) and have to have a way of measuring the force of it's impact (pressure pad with read out that stops at the highest number/newton meter connected to a sheet of cardboard you can shoot with a slow motion camera) to work out the fps.

use a TM body with whatever you want to engineer, ought to stay within site limits with there 270fps stock, correct me if i'm wrong.
      Originally posted by Lt. Macka
      big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Neh no FPS limit if anything i need to see whether or not to go to 500 fps, its for a non skirmishable item....
        In regards to pellet time im thinking of a simple distance over time for a set amount of feet and see how that goes but at longer range.
        This is one crazy experiment,
        That leads me onto another question, anyone got a tracer unit?

Comment

what are you making? and the sideways GB will work with a normal hop unit mounted correctly
          sigpic

Comment

A team mate of mine was going to make a plastic french stick into an aeg once..He may be able to help you...lol. It was for his French Resistance load out.
            Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

A version 6 or 7 will probably be your best bet, and trust me, just get a chrono for measuring the velocity of the BBs, that's what the excel at.

Comment

This threads getting me pickled lol, what the feck is a french stick? bread innit lol
                sigpic

Comment

Meerly trying to point out that somepeople are very good at hair brained ideas...lol..

It all makes the hours go by...Less boring at times.
                  Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

lol, whatever floats your boat i guess!
                    sigpic

Comment

lmao cheers guys ill let you know if i get past the design stage hahah Cheers for the note with the gearbox! What price am i looking at for a chrono?
                      Also anyone got experience with tracer units?

Comment

i can't remember where exactly, but theres an excel spreadsheet out there somewhere that will calculate every single calculation you will want, energy, speed, amount of drop etc etc at any range, at any shot angle! and it's formula's are dead on as well, zeroed in an air rifle using it on my old pc and it was bang on! (after one 5 shot group)
                        Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

awesome cheers for that, if you can find it or remember where ish it last was let me know!

Comment

pm me your email and i'l dig out my old hard drive and it should be one there!
                            Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Seb Brady Military Historian Find out more about Seb Brady
                            Working...
                            X